Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Bellwoods boogie monster....fantastic double IPA! But I may like Witchshark better...Brettalhead was fantastic too. Sorry missed out on Grandmas Boy...
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Only one beer over Xmas at the moment; a wonderfully cellared 2009 Deschutes Mirror Mirror.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I've been fighting a sinus cold, so I haven't had much either.

Had a Double Mountain Fa La la la la which reminded me of Arrogant Bastard, so I cracked on of those (now in BC). The Bastard is good, but not as good as the DMFLLLL.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

mgmoney wrote:Bellwoods boogie monster....fantastic double IPA! But I may like Witchshark better...Brettalhead was fantastic too. Sorry missed out on Grandmas Boy...
I had a Boogie tonight, too! Thought it was great! Liked it even better than Witchshark, personally.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Junction Stationmaster Stout, very oddly smoky and burnt until I get used to it, albeit good.

Amsterdam Starker Pils, a VERY good unfiltered pilsner at T&M. Do run over and try this truly craft-made brew. Would be outstanding with a good schnitzel and potato salad (creamy Czech style with pickle.)

Orval 2012 with some butter-seared Bavette steak on cast iron, not as good pairing as dry red wine but it will sure do. Kozlik's Daily Dijon goes well with. I forgot a pinch of Herbes de Provénce enhances this flavorful cut but it's heaven just with salt and pepper.
In Beerum Veritas

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Dec 16th Lone Pine IPA cans - fantastic.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

My favourite Ontario IPA
rfrf wrote:Dec 16th Lone Pine IPA cans - fantastic.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

spinrsx wrote:My favourite Ontario IPA
rfrf wrote:Dec 16th Lone Pine IPA cans - fantastic.
Will seek it out! I sometimes like NB Headstock but for me it's hit-and-miss.

Last night at The Only - Northern Spy (varietal) cider from West Avenue. Another genius WA creation, at very first it's a bit challenging with a whiff of vinegar sharpness and rustic, olive-like notes but like all great (wine-like?) ciders it slowly rewards the funky challenge and drinks with a lot of dimensions gong on, unusually good company it seems. I think only WA Gold Dust was as good or better, I keep wanting to come back to their exciting ciders.
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Detour for tonight
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Old Flame Port Perry Porter

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Granite Gin Lane Barley Wine on Cask @ Castro's

Bottle Smuttynose Robust Porter (with pan-seared, butter-glazed ribeye from The Chopping Block!)
In Beerum Veritas

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Dram of 1792 Ridgemont Reserve

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Got into some bottles with visiting friends last night @ Volo.. Volo 25th, Fuego del Otono and Lou Pepe 2010. Fullers ESB on cask was a treat too.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Bellwoods Wizard Wolf
muskoka detour
Great Lakes lake effect
10 Bitter Years
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

Chimay Bleu
Headstock
Sawdust City Red Rocket

I absolutely love the Red Rocket. Whoever dreamt up making spicy beer gets a big thumbs up from me!