Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Agree with above 2 posts the Moralite is drinking amazing right now...so tropical, great citrus, pithy rind...Yummy beers
Also had Side Launch before, and Im sorry for $3 Im just gonna sytart drinking Weistephaner...much more consistent imho
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Drank the (new the the lcbo) Kichesippi Beer Heller Highwater last night, it was actually pretty decent and refreshing. I can see myself buying a few of these this summer.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Agree with all, the Moralite is very good right now. Almost passed on picking it up due to the Jan 28th bottling date. There is a little hop fade, but there's no way I would have guessed it would be drinking this well 8 wks post bottling. A winner, despite The LCBO's snail pace.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

everyone loving the moralite - imagine how good it was when 'fresh' :)

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

spinrsx wrote:everyone loving the moralite - imagine how good it was when 'fresh' :)
I have such an issue with this.

If a beer can't even maintain its hoppiness for two measly months then how well was that beer actually made?

It's like the bottles of Karma Citra I have. Hop flavour and aroma completely gone in two weeks. Ridiculous.

That being said I am digging the Moralite as well.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:It's like the bottles of Karma Citra I have. Hop flavour and aroma completely gone in two weeks. Ridiculous.

The pint of Karma Citra at Thirsty & Miserable WAS the best one I've had, possibly a top 5 IPA experience - such a delicacy of hop flavors and aromas. The bottle was only sorta close and I'd re-order on draught any day.

I never had a problem with Corné du Diable in bottles from DDC either, so even if we're comparing apples to oranges to fish I'm not surprised Moralité arriving here is in great shape. Perhaps they bottle it extra young?
In Beerum Veritas

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

@barhop last night
On cask GLB Octopus wants to Fight
On draught Karma Citra
Sawdust city No Way of Knowing saison
indie alehouse zombie apocalypse

Damn good night!
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Headstock

I havn't had this in a long time(probably about 2 years)...not sure why. It tastes different to me, not necessarily in a good or bad way, just different. Maybe it's me, I dont know. The smell is different for sure, the one thing I remember about it before was, as soon as cracking open the can, it really smelled like pot, now, not so much. It's also almost crystal clear now, I don't remember that being the case before either.

Still a really good drink and very enjoyable, just different.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Trillium Fort Point IPA
Trillium A Street IPA
Trillium Congress Street IPA

...at a hotel room in Boston. All fucking delish.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

liamt07 wrote:Trillium Fort Point IPA
Trillium A Street IPA

Spent last week drinking a bunch of Trillium in a hotel room in Boston myself. Brought a ton of it back to Ontario too. Really great stuff. Did you manage to score any Upper Case or the Day and Night coffee variants? Definitely the most impressive "new to me" brewery I've tried this year.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

A 2013 Rochefort 10, I recall trekking out for the half case at 401 and Weston when it was stupid freezing cold and the icy road had no grip at all, only unforgiving bumpy and slippery. I wish they would make R10 less stupid to get hold of, but you know what they say about fixing the stupid. Dee-lish!
In Beerum Veritas

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

boney wrote:
liamt07 wrote:Trillium Fort Point IPA
Trillium A Street IPA

Spent last week drinking a bunch of Trillium in a hotel room in Boston myself. Brought a ton of it back to Ontario too. Really great stuff. Did you manage to score any Upper Case or the Day and Night coffee variants? Definitely the most impressive "new to me" brewery I've tried this year.
No Upper Case, but got both variants of Day and Night.

Delicious beers, but a tad hyped up. Not in the same conversation as Hill Farmstead (who is, really?) for those IPAs, but still great.

I will admit that those beers were really f'in ugly though. Almost "green" and pulpy with all of the hops they must've jammed in there. Still damn aromatic and tasty.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Belgian wrote:
Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:It's like the bottles of Karma Citra I have. Hop flavour and aroma completely gone in two weeks. Ridiculous.

The pint of Karma Citra at Thirsty & Miserable WAS the best one I've had, possibly a top 5 IPA experience - such a delicacy of hop flavors and aromas. The bottle was only sorta close and I'd re-order on draught any day.

I never had a problem with Corné du Diable in bottles from DDC either, so even if we're comparing apples to oranges to fish I'm not surprised Moralité arriving here is in great shape. Perhaps they bottle it extra young?
DDC bottle conditions their beers, which is what I think is making the difference here. The LCBO bottles of Karma Citra and Robohop poured perfectly clear, makes me wonder if they filtered them.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

2013 Tart of Darkness.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

mgmoney wrote:Also had Side Launch Wheat before, and Im sorry for $3 Im just gonna sytart drinking Weistephaner...much more consistent imho
I've had it on draught a number of times lately, Side Launch when it's bang on has a wonderful satisfying 'zing' to it that's hard to describe, yet the last few times it was just kind of plain and sweet. Just when you thought they had solved the magic mystery...
In Beerum Veritas