Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

At Bar Hop Brewco:
Amsterdam Dogbolter (draft)
Sawdust City I, The Mountain & The Leprechaun Flute (draft)
Collingwood Rockwell Pilsener (sample)
Sawdust City & Arendals Little Norway (sample)
Amsterdam & Great Lakes Life Sentence IIIPA (draft)

Right now:
Anchor Liberty Ale
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Redline Leather Interior Brown Ale
Bell's Java Stout

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Rochefort 10. Now Amager Sundby Stout, a little treasure.

Guys, you realize… we presently have Rochefort 10 AT some LCBO stores, and Samichlaus, and even a few good Ayinger beers just in time for Oktoberfest…

I mean, how can you still be sane?
In Beerum Veritas

walz22

Post by walz22 »

spinrsx wrote:How is the 2015 Kentucky bastard?

walz22 wrote:Christmas Eve and Christmas Day:

Bourbon County Vanilla Rye
Bellwoods BOYD
Amsterdam Double Tempest
Nickel Brook Kentucky Bastard
St. Bernardus Christmas Ale
Leffe Royale
Petrus Winter Ale
I really enjoyed it; creamy mouthfeel, lots of dark chocolate and bourbon up front with a very well hidden 12.0% ABV. I'd recommend picking one up if you can.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

walz22 wrote:
spinrsx wrote:How is the 2015 Kentucky bastard?
I really enjoyed it; creamy mouthfeel, lots of dark chocolate and bourbon up front with a very well hidden 12.0% ABV. I'd recommend picking one up if you can.
I was just looking at a bottle of this and wondering, good to hear.
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Drinking the NEW batch of Rochefort 10, holy cow very smooth and tasty! This one goes right to my head.

Bavette again, this time seared in plenty of butter with crushed garlic and fresh rosemary like Gord Ramsay suggests for striploin (what a hack that Ramsay!) Good chew and flavor, probably could add even more G'N'R next time. Decadent meal with the Rochefort. Happy you near!
In Beerum Veritas

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

:D Sounds awesome. Love the rochefort 10.....if only the stores in Guelph would get some. Make sure to cut that Bavette nice and thin across the grain :D
Last edited by sofakingdrunk on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

nickel brook kentucky bastard 2015, very bourbon-forward, good stuff. happy new year!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Gouden Carolus Classic, happy new year!
In Beerum Veritas

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

I was lucky enough to try a brand new brew from a brand new brewery last night. My wife, who just happens to work for the LCBO was out with our daughter at a mcdonalds in St Catharines yesterday. She was just chatting with the guy next to her while the kids were playing and he happened to be the brewmaster at the brand new 20 Valley Brewery. He was nice enough to send the Mrs. home with a can of Shipman’s Corners Session Ale. It's a cream ale at 5% abv and was very good. The nose had a very fruity almost sprite like effervescence to it and the beer was an easy drinking refreshing brew. If it was at the LCBO or Beer Store I would buy again.

I didn't think of taking a picture myself so this is the best I could find.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

The entire Niagara Region gets 25 bottles of Rochefort 10 in one location :(

Looks like I'll be going for a drive tonight.

Thanks to a few posters above for mentioning it otherwise I probably wouldn't have thought of searching for it anytime soon.

*edit* emailed the LCBO and was informed that 10 will be in my closest LCBO by the end of the week. :)
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Black Creek's Strong Ale (6%), apparently an early 1800's recipe found in a family's papers.

Rich malt "brown ale" type, good hops but sharp cayenne-like taste on the tail. The beer must be spiced with chile pepper or something of that nature.

Well made and interesting, Black Creek's best yet IMO.

Gary
Gary Gillman

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

On NYE and the past couple evenings.
Goose island honkers-pretty bad,may return th second can I have. I had this on tap years ago,as well as a bottle bought in the U.S. And I really enjoyed it. This tastes like a completely different beer, absolutely terrible after taste on it
Mill St black witch scotch ale fromtasterpack- this tasted nothing like a scotch ale to me
Lake effect-the fruitiness may be starting to fade a wee bit in my last can
Dragons milk-awesome
London Pride-always tasty and satisfying. I think if I could only drink one beer for the rest of my life, this may be the one.
Rochefort 10-beautiful stuff, but maybea little young for my taste....probably could use another 6 months.
Right now, Omegang 3 philosophers-this is tasty stuff, really quite complex. A nice sweet/sour balance with lots of fruit and nut flavours going on. I wish the Lcbo would pick this up

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Drinking Fat Tug. Just a beauty of an IPA.

jprime

Post by jprime »

Bells Blacknote Stout 2012