Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Ransack the universe- excellent stuff. Just my type of IPA, nice bitterness and tonnes of tropical flavours. It reminds me of another beer that I can't put my finger on. If I visited the beer store more often, this would be a regular purchase for me. Another hit for CA. The only beer I've had from These guys that I wasn't crazy about was the Saint of circumstance.

Tankhouse from mill st sampler pack- this beer has changed so much over the past couple years. It used to be a solid enjoyable drink. Now I feel it tastes almost nothin like it used to. The hop
Profile on it seems so different, it almost tastes like an English brown ale now......or maybe it's just me

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Ransack the universe- excellent stuff. Just my type of IPA, nice bitterness and tonnes of tropical flavours. It reminds me of another beer that I can't put my finger on. If I visited the beer store more often, this would be a regular purchase for me. Another hit for CA. The only beer I've had from These guys that I wasn't crazy about was the Saint of circumstance.

Tankhouse from mill st sampler pack- this beer has changed so much over the past couple years. It used to be a solid enjoyable drink. Now I feel it tastes almost nothin like it used to. The hop
Profile on it seems so different, it almost tastes like an English brown ale now......or maybe it's just me

Winter is Coming

Post by Winter is Coming »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Ransack the universe- excellent stuff. Just my type of IPA, nice bitterness and tonnes of tropical flavours. It reminds me of another beer that I can't put my finger on. If I visited the beer store more often, this would be a regular purchase for me. Another hit for CA. The only beer I've had from These guys that I wasn't crazy about was the Saint of circumstance.

Does Ransack The Universe resemble Headstock IPA at all? I can't wait to get my hands on it.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Rochefort 10. What more can be said about the Rochefort line of beers that hasn't already been said. This beer was incredible. I've always thought of the Rochefort beers as the Dr. Pepper of beers and this one was no different. At 11.3 abv this is a dangerous but delicious beer.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

The Dr. Pepper of beers? Is that a good thing?

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

At Milos' Craft Beer Emporium:
Nickel Brook Cause & Effect Blonde (draft)
Black Oak Nutcracker Porter (draft)
Great Lakes Brewing Lake Effect IPA (draft)
Granite Brewery Gin Lane Ale (cask)

At home:
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Black Oak Nut Brown Ale
Goose Island Goose IPA
Collective Arts Stranger Than Fiction Porter
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Craig wrote:The Dr. Pepper of beers? Is that a good thing?
For me it is but it's really just an analogy to explain the amount of different flavours found in the beer.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

CoolB wrote:
For me it is but it's really just an analogy to explain the amount of different flavours found in the beer.
to bad you cant pick up 2 L bottle of Roch 10 at Walmart for $1.39

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

matt7215 wrote:
CoolB wrote:
to bad you cant pick up 2 L bottle of Roch 10 at Walmart for $1.39
This would be the end of my liver.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Winter is Coming wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:Ransack the universe- excellent stuff. Just my type of IPA, nice bitterness and tonnes of tropical flavours. It reminds me of another beer that I can't put my finger on. If I visited the beer store more often, this would be a regular purchase for me. Another hit for CA. The only beer I've had from These guys that I wasn't crazy about was the Saint of circumstance.

Does Ransack The Universe resemble Headstock IPA at all? I can't wait to get my hands on it.

No, I wouldn't say it's too similar to headstock. Much juicier tasting. That being said, it's probably a year or so since I've had a headstock.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Jutsu is my favourite pale ale in Ontario by far. I can't explain how great this stuff is fresh.
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

No, I wouldn't say it's too similar to headstock. Much juicier tasting. That being said, it's probably a year or so since I've had a headstock.
The beer you may be thinking of (for comparison) Is Rogue's 7 Hop IPA. I find the two quite similar myself.

Gary
Gary Gillman

Winter is Coming

Post by Winter is Coming »

Does Ransack The Universe resemble Headstock IPA at all? I can't wait to get my hands on it.[/quote]

No, I wouldn't say it's too similar to headstock. Much juicier tasting. That being said, it's probably a year or so since I've had a headstock.[/quote]

The beer you may be thinking of (for comparison) Is Rogue's 7 Hop IPA. I find the two quite similar myself.

Gary[/quote]

I cant say that I've had that offering from Rogue. I was curious about any similarities between Headstock and Ransack the Universe as the same brewer created both IPA's. I'm sure he used a different enough hop/malt bill to differentiate these 2 IPA's.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Gary, you may very well be right. I remember buying a few bottles of the rogue in late summer and really enjoying it a lot

gordonpeterwiebe

Post by gordonpeterwiebe »

I'd say ransack and headstock are quite comparable with slight differences... and, both brilliant!