What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Provost Drunk
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Toronto

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby Provost Drunk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:10 am

With some buddies last night:

New Limburg Tripel
Bolshevik Bastard
Kentucky Bastard
Dragon's Milk
BeerIsGood
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby BeerIsGood » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:31 am

Collective Arts IPA No 5, which I didn't realize until I got home is actually a DIPA. Anyway, beautiful, hazy golden yellow, a great looking beer. Wonderful nose and the unmistakable presence of citra, which I believe is my favorite hop. I am really growing to love this brewery. My only complaint, $4.85 is a bit steep for a 473ml can, even if it is a DIPA. Still, a wonderful beer.
S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly
Posts: 829
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Burlington, ON

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby S. St. Jeb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Provost Drunk wrote:With some buddies last night:

New Limburg Tripel
Bolshevik Bastard
Kentucky Bastard
Dragon's Milk

Sounds like a great night all around. :)
S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly
Posts: 829
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Burlington, ON

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby S. St. Jeb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:11 pm

BeerIsGood wrote:I am really growing to love this brewery.

They make a lot of great stuff! I had their new Lunch Money Ale at a restaurant last weekend....initial impression was not good, but heh, nobody's perfect. I like these guys. Nice place too if you get a chance to stop in.
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 807
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby sofakingdrunk » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:03 am

S. St. Jeb wrote:
BeerIsGood wrote:I am really growing to love this brewery.

They make a lot of great stuff! I had their new Lunch Money Ale at a restaurant last weekend....initial impression was not good, but heh, nobody's perfect. I like these guys. Nice place too if you get a chance to stop in.



Is Lunch money just a re-branding of Stash?? I remember seeing on the Stash can it saying "straight up ale". And Lunch money says the same thing. If this is the case, then yeah, I agree with you. Not a very good beer as far as I'm concerned. Really the only dud in the CA lineup. I'm not a fan of saint of circumstance, but it's not bad.
User avatar
Bobsy
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Maple
Contact:

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby Bobsy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:49 pm

BeerIsGood wrote:Collective Arts IPA No 5, which I didn't realize until I got home is actually a DIPA. Anyway, beautiful, hazy golden yellow, a great looking beer. Wonderful nose and the unmistakable presence of citra, which I believe is my favorite hop. I am really growing to love this brewery. My only complaint, $4.85 is a bit steep for a 473ml can, even if it is a DIPA. Still, a wonderful beer.


Picked this up today. Crazy haze and big city. Goes down beautifully and I can see myself putting this one on repeat for a while. I've always dug Ransack, but the numbered IPA series really amps up the quality, These are some of the best local IPAs I've tasted.
User avatar
BartOwl
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:14 pm
Location: King and Beerthurst

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby BartOwl » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:01 pm

From Big Rock's Liberty Common:
Citradelic IPA - not bad
Chaga Stout - absolutely terrible. What was I thinking drinking mushroom beer?

From Wurst:
Nickelbrook Cheeky Bastard on cask - nice
Roayl City Barrel aged Brett Quad - excellent! Nice balance and integration of the sour but not overpowering brett and quad sweetness (Better done than Lambda)
Chimay Blue - great as always.
Masterplan
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 am

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby Masterplan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Bobsy wrote:
BeerIsGood wrote:Collective Arts IPA No 5, which I didn't realize until I got home is actually a DIPA. Anyway, beautiful, hazy golden yellow, a great looking beer. Wonderful nose and the unmistakable presence of citra, which I believe is my favorite hop. I am really growing to love this brewery. My only complaint, $4.85 is a bit steep for a 473ml can, even if it is a DIPA. Still, a wonderful beer.


Picked this up today. Crazy haze and big city. Goes down beautifully and I can see myself putting this one on repeat for a while. I've always dug Ransack, but the numbered IPA series really amps up the quality, These are some of the best local IPAs I've tasted.

I'd agree, really good, however my Jan 15th canning has some significant floaties already. I worry about the shelf life of this one...
beerstodiscover
Bar Fly
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby beerstodiscover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Common Good Fogelhund Porter - I’d like to know the story behind this beer. Only 100 bottles released in clear 375ml swing tops. Aged 2 years in merlot barrels. Common Good has only been open 1.5 years.
Only two words to describe this beer, wine and wood. Very much like a Winey Bastard with less malt presence. A hint of choco-roasty on the finish as it warms. Very delicious.

Collective Arts IPA No. 5 - Fantastic.
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 807
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby sofakingdrunk » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:32 pm

BartOwl wrote:From Big Rock's Liberty Common:
Citradelic IPA - not bad
Chaga Stout - absolutely terrible. What was I thinking drinking mushroom beer?

From Wurst:
Nickelbrook Cheeky Bastard on cask - nice
Roayl City Barrel aged Brett Quad - excellent! Nice balance and integration of the sour but not overpowering brett and quad sweetness (Better done than Lambda)
Chimay Blue - great as always.



High praise for the royal city beer, maybe I'll have to hit the brewery and try some. Havnt been in, in about 2 years or so.
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 807
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby sofakingdrunk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:16 am

CA IPA 5. Yeah, I agree that it's fantastic. As soon as you pop the can, the smell jumps out at you. Impressive that they've managed to squeeze this much passion fruit flavour in here. Mouthfeel is great, juicy and dangerously easy drinking at 8.2%. Having missed out of Barncat's pulp, this is a really good consolation. Already on my 3rd can tonight. The best of the numbered IPA series I think. 2&3 were great but this is another level.
Coronaeus
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby Coronaeus » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Stopped in to the Rainhard Heaets Collide release yesterday. All three versions were nice. I generally like, but don’t love their stuff. That changed with Revolution 8 DDH IIPA. Great stuff. January 25th canning date. Bonus points for being in a 355ml can.
BeerIsGood
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby BeerIsGood » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Man oh man I am just slamming down this CA IPA No 5. One of the best Ontario IPA's I've had.
GtownRandy
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:17 am

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby GtownRandy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:18 pm

I agree about ipa 5, wife and I split one last night, it was like a glass of orange juice, first time I’ve had an Ontario one that looks like the pictures of trillium and treehouse I’ve seen.

Top notch, will enjoy while it’s here. A good reward after getting out of hospital from quintuple bypass surgery on Tuesday!
seangm
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby seangm » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:50 am

I guess I'm the only person in the world who didn't like IPA No. 5. I found it to be too sweet with a muddled taste and aroma. Unpleasant mouthfeel, thick and cloying as it warmed. It certainly had a big hit of citra hops, but I found it to be a more is less kind of deal. Maybe this NE IPA thing isn't for me? I don't like any so-called milkshake IPAs very much either, perhaps I'm just "old school".

Return to “Random Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lagerale and 1 guest