Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

The Uni's were 750's, but they were shared (though I managed to have more than my fair share).

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

FFF Behemoth Blonde Barleywine.

And that was a true bomber, in every sense of the word!

(It's still hot out, but I feel like changing it up a bit).

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Posting from the free wifi at the Library Alehouse in Santa Monica. Having a Bear Republic Racer 5 right now, thinking Stone anniversary stout up next.

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

Hope your experience was better than my favourite troll from Ratebeer:

-----------------------------
stevusmagnus (22), Texas, USA
2.2 Aroma Appearance Flavor Palate Overall
3/10 5/5 4/10 3/5 7/20

Oct 20, 2005
I bought this beer because Racer X was on the tap. I used to watch Speed Racer as a kid and so I decided to try this beer. It was my first experience with an IPA and will be my last. It was like drinking a bitter heavy foamy mess. No thanks!

http://www.ratebeer.com/View-User-28877-1-4.htm
---------------------------------

On a Victory Storm King myself on which I completely disagree with said troll:
Bio/beer Philosophy:

I love clean crisp refreshing light tasting beer. American light beers are by far the best in the world. Anything dark bitter and heavy is of poor quality.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Last night I had a Stuart's Organic and Mill Street Coffee Porter. Both topnotch Ontario offerings. I've also picked up some more Rogue, which I'm really enjoying right now, and I'm looking forward to the hazelnut nectar making a showing this fall! The wife had that schofferofferofferer grapefruit thing. Really didn't tick any of my boxes at all - too sweet with neither the qualities I look for in grapefruit juice or beer.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

I picked up a ton ot Rogue products from out West about a month ago and I am actually enjoying my first Hazelnut Brown Nectar right now. Lots of roasted, chocolately malts and smokey hazelnut, but not sickly sweet or overpowering and a truely brilliant creamy full mouthfeel. Man, I cannot wait to stock up on the Hazelnut when it comes this fall.

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Although i have nothing spectacular in my fridge, I did pick up a Victory Variety pack earlier this week; Prima Pils, Hop Devil, and Golden Monkey. Boy do I love that monkey ;) I also walked down to the local LCBO this evening and picked up a couple cans of Headstrong Pale Ale. Its not the best stuff in the world, but I like it. Also thanks to the 'beer expo' I was lucky enough to pick up a bottle of Chimay Premier which I love only because I love trappist ales and we don't have access to Rochefort or Westmalle. They also had a Unibroue Blanche de Chambly on display which I just HAD to buy. Sadly when i demonstrated my excitement over there being a unibroue product in MY LCBO I was pleasantly told it wont last long...they only got it for display. They got TWO cases for a display. We never get good stuff permanently. I'll be genuinely surprised if St. Catharines sees DFH 60 IPA.
All in all I am in for a good weekend :D
What delicious treats are the rest of you enjoying this weekend?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

dutchcanuck wrote:Although i have nothing spectacular in my fridge, I did pick up a Victory Variety pack earlier this week; Prima Pils, Hop Devil, and Golden Monkey. Boy do I love that monkey ;) I also walked down to the local LCBO this evening and picked up a couple cans of Headstrong Pale Ale. Its not the best stuff in the world, but I like it. Also thanks to the 'beer expo' I was lucky enough to pick up a bottle of Chimay Premier which I love only because I love trappist ales and we don't have access to Rochefort or Westmalle. They also had a Unibroue Blanche de Chambly on display which I just HAD to buy. Sadly when i demonstrated my excitement over there being a unibroue product in MY LCBO I was pleasantly told it wont last long...they only got it for display. They got TWO cases for a display. We never get good stuff permanently. I'll be genuinely surprised if St. Catharines sees DFH 60 IPA.
All in all I am in for a good weekend :D
What delicious treats are the rest of you enjoying this weekend?
The beer expo brought some good beers to some crappy stores. My father-in-law picked up some great stuff in smalltown eganville. Fingers crossed he likes them. I'm drinking thomas hardy's, and its a billion times better than my last tasting. Time really changes this one.

Tomorrow I'm at the buffalo brewfest, so here's hoping for some good shit. Have fun all those going to the gtas... i'll hopefully make it around 9:30.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Just some Southern Tier IPA tonight. I almost cracked open my last bottle of Stone 10th Anniversary IPA but I think I'm going to save it for my birthday next month.

BTW, the ST IPA I bought on Wednesday has pry off caps, no threads on the bottle and no tamper strips so I'm guessing this is the new batch. Tasty!
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

Im ahving a Durham SA right now. Up next, perhaps a Victory Hop Devil or Smuttynose IPA.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Well, tonight I've had:

Flossmore Station IPA
Harpoon Scotch Ale
He"brew Jewbelation 11
Weyerbacker imperial Pumpkin Ale
Stone Bitter Chocolate Stout
Tuatara Porter
Sieera Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ale
Garrison IPA
Meantime IPA & London Porter
Nethergate Augustinian Ale
Porterhouse Wrasslers XXXX Stout
ST Creme Broulee
3 Floyds Dreadnaught IPA
Arcadia Ales Shipwreck Porter
unibroue Quattre Centeniale
Breckenridge Small Batch 471 IIPA
and am now finishing off the night with:

Avery's Mephistopheles Stout

A mighty fine night ;-)

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

Last night...

Headstrong Pale
Great Lakes 666
Hockley Dark
Chimay Red
Fullers London Porter
Scheider Aventinus

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Went out for dinner last night at the Black Thorn in Ottawa and had Bellevue Kriek on tap for the first time in years, plus a very nicely poured Leffe brun. Went home and had some Rouge Dead GUY, cracked open a bottle of Chimay Grand Reserve, a few Derniere Volonte from Dieu Du Ciel, some Chambly Noire from Unibroue, and finished off with my last bottles of ST. Bernardus 12. Time to get some more!

old faithful
Bar Fly

Post by old faithful »

At Delux on Ossington recently (a Cuban-themed restaurant), a fresh and lively Cameron's Dark Lager on draft. This beer when very fresh has a complex, cocoa-like taste. A skein of hop acidity prevents excess sweetness. Nice beer, quaffable and tasty.

Gary

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

DDC Route D'Espices followed up with a Steelback Tiverton Dark Lager (new version). Interesting mingle of flavours on the palate at the moment.......