Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Finally trying a Panil for the first time in my life. Thanks for hooking me up Zuma! I find it much more smooth then any sour ales I've ever had, which helps bring the flavours out. I wish I had more!!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

teichertbier

Post by teichertbier »

Dieu du Ciel Solstice d'Hiver
Brooklyn Monster Ale
Anchor Old Foghorn

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Finished a Canuck Pale Ale watching the opening ceremonies in Vancouver and now enjoying some homebrew pilsner
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

homebrewed pale ale, about to crack a SN Torpedo
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I did like 3 Jager bombs and then suddenly my collar popped and I had on a pair of shades in a dark room, and I had a can of bud light lime beside me.Weird.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

SteelbackGuy wrote:I did like 3 Jager bombs and then suddenly my collar popped and I had on a pair of shades in a dark room, and I had a can of bud light lime beside me.Weird.
Were you visiting Woodbridge? Cause thats normal there
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Last night I had:

St-Ambroise RIS
Simple Malt Stout Imperiale
Simple Malt Vin d'Orge

The barleywine is an exact carbon-copy of its Bieropholie incarnation, but I found the stout to have a more intense roast. The St-Ambroise went down well, but is more middle of the pack for the style - the barrel aging seemed a bit muted.

notdan

Post by notdan »

Bobsy wrote:Last night I had:
St-Ambroise RIS
Simple Malt Vin d'Orge
I didn't know Brasseurs Illimites had a barley wine out already, awesome!

I finished hell week yesterday (a midterm everyday for a week), so I celebrated with quite a few:

- Mill Street Weizenbock
- Stonehammer Oatmeal Coffee Stout
- Great Lakes Canuck Pale Ale
- Amsterdam Nut Brown
- Cameron's Auburn
- Mill Street Cobblestone

Bonesey

Post by Bonesey »

Canuck Pale Ale (should be good once they fix the diacetyl issue)
Yellow Snow IPA
Old Rasputin
"Put another brick in my hookah, Chow Ming, and fetch me fresh silks, I've soiled myself again."
--Franklin Pierce, April 6, 1856

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

notdan wrote:
Bobsy wrote:Last night I had:
St-Ambroise RIS
Simple Malt Vin d'Orge
I didn't know Brasseurs Illimites had a barley wine out already, awesome!
If you ever got to try the Bieropholie version, this one is practically identical. Its a strange duck, but pretty good nonetheless.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Sherbrooke Chocolate Cherry Ostiarius. Not a patch on Black Oak's DCCS. This one is far too artificial in the cherry flavour, whereas it comes across tasting of cherry cough syrup.

Got a Wild Rose Imp IPA for later :D

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'm drinking water, tea and fresh juices, recovering from injury. I recently learned I should never consume alcohol with ibuprophen (or for that matter with acetominophen or aspirin.) Damages the liver, it does!

[/PSA]
In Beerum Veritas

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, just polished off a lovely, fresh, aromatic bottle of Wild Rose Imperial IPA. The bottle just bursts with the wonderful resiny west coast hop aroma, and is exceptionally well balanced and so easy drinking. I hope to god there are still some left in the liquor store :-?

Uncle Bobby

Post by Uncle Bobby »

Watching the Winter Olympics online and enjoying a Westmalle Dubbel. I picked up a handful of dark, winter-y beers from the LCBO's Christmas releases. But -- fatherhood being what it is -- I am only starting on them now.

Last year, I had a six pack of the Bières de Boucannier untouched from the middle of Dec. '08 right up to Oct. I ended up giving the six pack away to an uncle who helped me with some electrical work, although I am not clear he regarded it as highly as I did.
::::::::::::::::::::::
"It's ma-a-a-gic!"

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Belgian wrote:I'm drinking water, tea and fresh juices, recovering from injury. I recently learned I should never consume alcohol with ibuprophen (or for that matter with acetominophen or aspirin.) Damages the liver, it does!

[/PSA]
That sucks. Given how much beer many of us on Bar Towel consume most of should just throw out the pain killers in our medicine cabinets. (Tylenol+alcohol=liver toxicity....including the next day hangover. Aspirin or any other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory+alcohol=inc risk of gastrointestinal bleeding).

Keeping on the thread of health related alcohol consumption, my non-responsible comsumption this weekend.......an all Canadian IIPA throwdown......

Paddock Wood Loki
Half Pints Humulous Ludicrous
Tree Hophead Double IPA
Wild Rose Imperial IPA
Charlevoix Vache Folle Simcoe Double IPA