Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

viggo wrote:Drinking homebrewed barleywine and toasting to the one true METAL KING. RIP DIO! \m/
I had real doubts Ronnie would recover from something like stomach cancer, but Wendy Dio sure tried to sound hopeful about it.

When I'm feeling less crappy I will kick back with the Holy Diver Live DVD and crack open a (suitably black and scary) Bells Expedition. "We're off to the witch!"
In Beerum Veritas

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Enjoying a bottle of Adnams Bitter than moving to the Fuller's Golden Pride. Had both on tap while in the UK and the bottle version will do nicely now that I'm back.

As for RJD... a true, true legend. Been listening to him for so long I can't believe he's gone now. Saw him 3 times (twice solo and once with Heaven & Hell). Definitely in the top 5 of all-time Metal Singers

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA, Oskar Blue Old Chub Scottish Ale, and Boulder Hazed & Infused.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Coors Light, tastes cold and it drink good.
In Beerum Veritas

bartle

Post by bartle »

in Winnipeg drinking a Half Pints Weizen Heimer.

Super fruity. It almost has an orange / grapefruit juice character behind all of the banana and cloves. This is a dandy.
enjoi

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

st.ambroise apricot wheat ale....love this beer when it's warm outside.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

garrison black IPA, very nice take on the "style"

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Trafalgar Cherry. Next!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Half Pints Pothole Porter. Oh baby.

bartle

Post by bartle »

Deus Brut des Flanders. 2008.
This is intense, beautiful, and a great way to end a great gig in Yorkton, SK.
enjoi

carguy

Post by carguy »

Grand River Russian Gun

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

A pint of 10 Bitter Years and a half of Wellington RIS at C'est What. Both beers were in awesome form and really showcase what our local brewers are capable of, but why can't I buy them at the LCBO?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Bobsy wrote:A pint of 10 Bitter Years and a half of Wellington RIS at C'est What. Both beers were in awesome form and really showcase what our local brewers are capable of, but why can't I buy them at the LCBO?

My guess is the 10 bitter was never submitted.
Welly used to be available, but it doesn't seem to be a beer they really try to showcase.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Bobsy wrote:A pint of 10 Bitter Years and a half of Wellington RIS at C'est What. Both beers were in awesome form and really showcase what our local brewers are capable of, but why can't I buy them at the LCBO?

My guess is the 10 bitter was never submitted.
Welly used to be available, but it doesn't seem to be a beer they really try to showcase.
Correct on both counts - my question was more rhetorical - these are exactly the kind of beers that if available at the LCBO would result in me buying a lot more local stuff.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Spaten Optimator and Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard