Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

cratez wrote:Ommegang Hennepin (holy fuck! :o)
Funny - I love saisons and I love Ommegang, but I found Hennepin to be mildly underwhelming.

Last night I had a Beau's Lugtread at the Rebel House. Great food and a nice beer list should put it on people's radars.

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

cratez wrote:Smuttynose IPA, Ommegang Hennepin (holy fuck! :o), and Flying Dog Double Dog Pale Ale
+1 for the holy fuck w.r.t Hennepin

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Bobsy wrote:
Funny - I love saisons and I love Ommegang, but I found Hennepin to be mildly underwhelming.
same with me rob, here is my RB review

"750ml bottle split with the KW tasting group. bottle from a trade with thecheeseman. golden pour with a big white head. pale malt nose with some yeast. no brett no funk. easy drinking belgian blone ale is all you have here. an ok summer brew, hides the alchohol well."

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Starting early for the long weekend and having a Lagunitas WTF. Classed as an American Strong Ale on BA, think it's more of a hoppy, but balanced brown ale myself. Very, very drinkable!!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

matt7215 wrote:
Bobsy wrote:
same with me rob, here is my RB review

"750ml bottle split with the KW tasting group. bottle from a trade with thecheeseman. golden pour with a big white head. pale malt nose with some yeast. no brett no funk. easy drinking belgian blone ale is all you have here. an ok summer brew, hides the alchohol well."
Black Oak on the other hand is... ?

Dupont is basically THE Saison for me, though there are some high-quality brews that seem a lot milder in character.
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Drinking Trafalgar Cherry Ae - English style Special Bitter, the cherry adds a hint of body and sweetness and underscores the alefruit. Some worty grain in the top of the palate, noble hops in dry-sweet finish.
Last edited by Belgian on Fri May 21, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Bobsy wrote: Funny - I love saisons and I love Ommegang, but I found Hennepin to be mildly underwhelming.
I might've just had a super fresh bottle, but I was getting LOTS of citrusy lemon flavours, some pleasant nutty aromas, and one of the spiciest, most refreshing mouthfeels I've ever encountered. It drank way too easy for a 7.7% brew!

bartle

Post by bartle »

Grizzly Paw Indra Island IPA. A decent beer. Loads of hops a nice fresh pine and citrus bite. A little apple up front but it's not a big deal. Yum.
enjoi

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:Drinking Trafalgar Cherry Ae - English style Special Bitter, the cherry adds a hint of body and sweetness and underscores the alefruit. Some worty grain in the yop of the palate, noble hops in dry-sweet finish.

Glad you got a good one Jonas, mine was a bloody disaster!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Belgian wrote:Drinking Trafalgar Cherry Ae - English style Special Bitter, the cherry adds a hint of body and sweetness and underscores the alefruit. Some worty grain in the yop of the palate, noble hops in dry-sweet finish.

I think he may be taking the piss, Len.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Torontoblue wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:

I think he may be taking the piss, Len.

I've been had!!! :D :D :D
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

This weekend (Thurs-Fri);

Stone Vertical 08
Upright #5
Tree Serendipity
Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere
Red Racer ESB
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Went out with the girlfriend for some drinks tonight. ended up having a pint of 2 fisted stout, hobgoblin, and tankhouse. All were decent nothing stood out as fantastic.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Followed the Lagunitas WTF Ale with:

He'Brew 13 (Again). I can't stop coming back to this beer; if it wasn't 13% I could drink it all day long!!!

Elysian Immortal IPA - A wonderful North West USA take on an English IPA - lovely chewy Fuggles flavour and feel

2006 Fullers Vintage - nice malty aroma and flavour, but feels a little thin. Don't think this one is gonna age too well

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Anchor Libety Ale, showing some nice grassy & citrus hops. Dee-lish!
In Beerum Veritas