Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Just had an achor liberty ale, and starting a southern teir ipa. Libertry ale is my go to since i found out my local lcbo carries it. First time having the st ipa, and I am wondering if it isnt in the best condition. Either way a big thanks to drinkvine for helpin me realise what my local lcbo's actually carry.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:Moving onto a Sherbrooke KGB Russian Imp. Stout. A great Canadian brewed RIS. A shame it doesn't make it outside Alberta.
Nice one Sid. Great name too!
I can send one across if you want one?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

homebrewed sour brown saison

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Torontoblue wrote:Mikkeller Jackie Brown from a 750ml corked bottle ($15.95 from all good liquor stores in Edmonton).

Lovely, hoppy, bitter brown ale.
Very, very happy to see all the different Mikkeller beers popping up in Alberta stores this week.

Drinking a Mikkeller Single Hop EKG IPA right now. Not being a home brewer (yet), I appreciate the chance to get a better handle on individual hop varieties. Fun stuff.

I've got a Mikkeller Black Hole and a Peche Mortel warming up on the counter as we speak, ready to do a head-to-head.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

boney wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:Mikkeller Jackie Brown from a 750ml corked bottle ($15.95 from all good liquor stores in Edmonton).

Lovely, hoppy, bitter brown ale.
Very, very happy to see all the different Mikkeller beers popping up in Alberta stores this week.

Drinking a Mikkeller Single Hop EKG IPA right now. Not being a home brewer (yet), I appreciate the chance to get a better handle on individual hop varieties. Fun stuff.

I've got a Mikkeller Black Hole and a Peche Mortel warming up on the counter as we speak, ready to do a head-to-head.
Damn, neither of those Mikkeller's were in Sherbrooke today; I went specifically to get them, but was happy to see the Jackie Brown & Monk's on offer. Looks like they are going to be permanent listings too :D

Just finishing the night with a fresh Peche Mortel!

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Alexander Keith's at the ballgame (gag). But now a lovely Brakspear Triple.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Drinking Montreal. Picks of the trip so far:

Charlevoix Dominus Vobiscum Brut (Breakfast of Champions)
DDC Solstice dète
Trois Mousquetaires Imperial Weizen
Maui Coconut Porter
Kuhnhenn Imperial Kriek
Cheval Blanc India Rouge
Boon Geuze Mariage Parfait 2005
Trou de Diable Saison de Tracteur

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

Just picked a mixed six pack of Mill St. Tried the Lemon Tea Ale last night. Very much enjoyed it!! Tea taste wasn't too overpowering but subtle enough that it was there. Good stuff!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Troegs JavaHead Stout.

Quite good, but not as good as Sinebrychoff Koff Porter @ Coles.
In Beerum Veritas

acromion23

Post by acromion23 »

Stone IPA. Next up, Chatoe Rogue Single Malt Ale. I can also see a Founder's Red's Rye PA in the not-so-distant future...
かんぱい。

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

The new Railway City Lager made with oranges. Pretty interesting!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

maple99

Post by maple99 »

Great Lakes (OH) Lake Erie Monster IIPA. 9.1%, but doesn't reek of alcohol.
May I quote The Talking Heads? "This ain't no foolin' around."
In the grocery store in Orchard Park, NY, $10 the 4-pack. Oh how we suffer.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Applewood Mead... great stuff.

I had a taste of their barrel-aged version as well... hopefully I'll get back to grab a bottle when it's released.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Derek wrote:Applewood Mead... great stuff.

I had a taste of their barrel-aged version as well... hopefully I'll get back to grab a bottle when it's released.
It is, but you'll need more than a soup and salad if you plan on drinking that one all night! :)
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Derek wrote:Applewood Mead... great stuff.

It is, but you'll need more than a soup and salad if you plan on drinking that one all night! :)
No worries... I had the curry special and the granite (along with a hopping mad).