Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

carguy

Post by carguy »

My last bottle of Garrison Imperial Pale Ale, followed by a Black Oak Ten Bitter Years. Two excellent beers, I really can't say which one I like better. The Garrison seems to have more body, the Black Oak, more bitterness. A great way to end the weekend.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

I'm having one of Matt7215's Berliner Weiss. Astounding! Clear as water, sour and tart. Has a smoky, wine taste, with BrettB and peaches. What a nice end to the weekend!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

carguy

Post by carguy »

Hockely Black and Tan.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Did the round of samplers at Brasseurs du Temps on Sunday. Now I just gotta find a way to relocate it to somewhere in York Region.

Will be opening LTM Americane at some point tonight.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

sprague11 wrote:Did the round of samplers at Brasseurs du Temps on Sunday. Now I just gotta find a way to relocate it to somewhere in York Region.

Will be opening LTM Americane at some point tonight.

Isn't BDT friggin' great?!?!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

ive got some hoptical wait for me @ home

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Drinking some commodore perry while making dinner. This is my frist time having anything by great lakes brewery ohio, and I am blown away. Great balance here in my opinion. I look forward to trying the other offerings from this brewery. I love living this close to the boarder.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

matt7215 wrote:ive got some hoptical wait for me @ home
It's very tasty and more than ever a decent copy of #9 IPA.

Really enjoying Black Oak Summer Saison. Holy wow, it's nice stuff. The more I appreciate various Saison styles the more I like this beer. Will need to pick up more if possible!
In Beerum Veritas

Grey

Post by Grey »

my last can of Creemore Kellerbier.

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Kronenbourg 1664, in the can with a slightly new design. Much improved from past cannings and bottlings IMO and another sign that brewers of some international brands are putting a renewed emphasis on quality, shipment time to destination or both. This beer has a marked Hallertau (or that type) character, quite minerally, with good fresh malt undertones. Something in it reminded me even of some bieres de garde, which may perhaps reflect some characteristics of French malting barley. An excellent quaff.

Gary
Gary Gillman

carguy

Post by carguy »

Bitter & Twisted

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Mill St Schleinhammer Roggenbier

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Trying not to drink all my Chicago beers, so I've switched over to Southern Tier IPA.

acromion23

Post by acromion23 »

Finishing off a Bell's Hopslam. Next up, Half Pint's Stir Stick Stout.
かんぱい。

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

A small session of Schneider & Brooklyner Hopfen Weisse - definitely a fairly weighty beer in the flavor & body, einer Weizenbock mit ein Amerikanishcer twist.
In Beerum Veritas