Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Charlevoix Dominus Vobiscum Double - a little heavy on the spicing, but not a bad dubbel at all.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel - much better than the Breakfast I had last month. Very nice indeed.

Paddock Wood Winter Ale 2009 - overcarbonated, sorta blah. Looking forward to trying the 2010 batch, which has been revamped from an old ale to a belgian dubbel.

Bushwakker Procrastinator Doppelbock - just a fantastic craft brewed doppelbock. Rich, satisfying and huge.

Bushwakker Harvest Lager - they always do a damn fine job on this Oktoberfest-style beer, it has been my go to beer at the Wakker since it went on tap in Sept.

Bushwakker 20th Anniversary - this doesn't get released until January, but got to sample some. I have become quite criticial of my hometown brewpub's products, but holy frick, they hit one out of the ballpark with this effort. Mitch Dalrymple has been head brewer for a good 4-5 years, and this is without a doubt the pinnacle of his efforts.

heebes

Post by heebes »

SN Bigfoot 2008

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Grand River 1913 Traditional (the Kölsch) - fresh (bottled Nov 3) and FANTASTIC!
Grand River - you've done it again!
Screw Acton - it's worth the drive to Cambridge!!!

Soods

Post by Soods »

Founder's Centennial IPA
Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet Black IPA

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

2.5 year old bottle of De Struise Black Albert. Never tried one before. Unbelievably good beer, so glad I let this one cellar, the 13% alcohol is incredibly smooth, flavours are huge and complex. Well worth the $12-13 per 330ml bottle, wished I had picked up more! The first beer from De Struise I have thoroughly enjoyed.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Orval

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

La Chouffe and some homemade Friday night nachos. Spicy perfection!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

La Bière du Boucanier Red Ale
La Bière du Boucanier Blonde

this pack is a steal @ $13

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

matt7215 wrote:La Bière du Boucanier Red Ale
La Bière du Boucanier Blonde

this pack is a steal @ $13
$13 is quite a steal, I may have to grab one.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

After a 4 hr drive to the coast, I had a Fullers 1845. Best before sept 2009 and I think I agree. It seems to have lost its hop balance.

Currently sipping my Imperial stout from last year... still plenty of hops!

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Driftwood's Driftwood Ale - tasted like a hybrid lager; nice bitterness.

Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale 2009 - wonderful malt and hops. Very drinkable.

Red Hook Big Ballard IIPA - Undecided. Loads of pineapple on the nose and flavour, and loads of floaties. Bummer.

Marin Brewing San Quentin Breakout Stout - Fan-bloody-tastic. Waited ages to try this and it doesn't disappoint. Bags full of coffee, roast and chocloate on the nose and tongue, with a real dry, sour finish.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Derek wrote:Currently sipping my Imperial stout from last year... still plenty of hops!
I need to do a 9 hour road trip :wink:

edit: Make that an 11 hour road trip :(

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Torontoblue wrote:Marin Brewing San Quentin Breakout Stout - Fan-bloody-tastic. Waited ages to try this and it doesn't disappoint. Bags full of coffee, roast and chocloate on the nose and tongue, with a real dry, sour finish.
Headed down to California in 2 weeks (San Fran). I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Torontoblue wrote:Red Hook Big Ballard IIPA - Undecided. Loads of pineapple on the nose and flavour, and loads of floaties. Bummer.
Does it smell good? Does it taste good? If yes to both, then why be bothered by some little floaties? It's just little clumps of protein, when you see that you know the brewery must of used a really coarse filtration. That means more flavour in the final beer, right?

I think thats what it is at least - maybe someone with some actual brewing experience would know better.