Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TJ

Post by TJ »

L'Alchimiste Imperial Stout. It's all right.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Samuel Adams Boston Lager
Rogue Mogul Madness Ale
Avery Seventeen Dry Hopped Black Lager
Samuel Smith The Famous Taddy Porter

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Whatever is on tap at The Judge.
I don't think their website is up to date, but I'm always in for a surprise when I go in.
I'm not in Hamilton for a good reason, but at least I can take some solace in a few good pints during this very tough time for me and my family.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Streets

Post by Streets »

Duggan #9 with dinner last night. It was supposed to be a ST IPA, but when I stopped at the LCBO they said the only 4 cases they had left were for a consignee...

SteelBack: When are you going to be at the Judge? My office is only a couple blocks away, so I sometimes pop in after work for a quick pint.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Streets wrote:Duggan #9 with dinner last night. It was supposed to be a ST IPA, but when I stopped at the LCBO they said the only 4 cases they had left were for a consignee...

SteelBack: When are you going to be at the Judge? My office is only a couple blocks away, so I sometimes pop in after work for a quick pint.

Hey, I can't say for sure. Depends on when I'm free for a couple hours in between family stuff. I will message you with a time if I can figure it out.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Streets

Post by Streets »

No worries. It doesn't sound like you're on a pleasure trip, but I'd be happy to buy you a pint to help you get through the bad times. Unfortunately I haven't been to the Judge in a few weeks myself so I'm not sure what's currently on tap.

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Growlers of Duggan's #99 DIPA. Yum!
^^^Hop-head ^^^

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

Victory Yakima Glory - like the Black IPA (whatever you call it) style I first sampled with Netherworld but Victory comes out the winner with this one.
Next is Stoudts Double IPA.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

As I sit here worrying that a box containing 3 bottles of Abyss will freeze as it sits in a FedEx trailer in Mississauga all weekend, I am about to crack a Hopslam to ease my worries...

BooBoo

Post by BooBoo »

St. Ambroise Vintage Ale
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. "

-Ernest Hemingway

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Nukie Brown.

Why? I plan on picking a fight later and then ordering a curry. That's why.
saintjohnswort.ca

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Tonight at Gambrinus Bistro & Cafe:

Gouden Carolus Hopsinjoor (bottle)
Flying Monkeys Smash Bomb IPA (draught)

Currently at home:

True North Classic India Pale Ale (perhaps the most underrated beer in our retail market right now)
Dieu du Ciel! Corne du Diable
Dieu du Ciel! Aphrodisiaque
Last edited by cratez on Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

saints_gambit wrote:Nukie Brown.

Why? I plan on picking a fight later and then ordering a curry. That's why.

No, no, no, no, no................you don't have a curry with a bottle of Dog.........you have a doner kebab....or as the Scots do, a deep fried doner kebab.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

side by side tasting:

1 year old Old Rasputin
2 year old Old Rasputin

The 1 year is the better of the two. Firmer roast, and brighter dark fruit. The 2 year is more of a dusty chocolate, the overall flavours seem muddled, and the booze is playing a bigger role. Interesting to say the least.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

markaberrant wrote:side by side tasting:

1 year old Old Rasputin
2 year old Old Rasputin

The 1 year is the better of the two. Firmer roast, and brighter dark fruit. The 2 year is more of a dusty chocolate, the overall flavours seem muddled, and the booze is playing a bigger role. Interesting to say the least.
Very interesting. And unexpected. I thought this one aged quite well...