Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Mill Race Mild. Really enjoying this one...

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Beau's Sleepy Time Stout
Brakspear Triple
St. Ambroise Pale Ale
Brooklyn Lager
Dead Guy Ale

Shared with the miss at The Brain. Also had a tasty cheese platter - didn't manage to get their names though! Damn.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Victory Headwaters Pale Ale
Victory Storm King
Shipyard IPA

Gonna round that out with a Corner Creek Bourbon if the Bolts win.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

JesseM wrote:Radeberger followed by 2x Curmudgeon.

I had the weird experince today of listening to a conversation between a MolsonCoors sales guy and the beer guy at my local Lickbow. He was showing him a bunch of graphs on a laptop proving how his products had been 'outselling the market'. He looked not a whole lot older than me and sounded like a WLU business grad. Kind of douchie if you catch my drift. Aparently sales are best in the 'super premium' brands as well as 'value/discount'. Rickards apparently in super-premium. He was arguing that the good sales justified more shelf space for his shit. Except he wasn't so much arguing as just stating as if it were a fact and he was completely entitled to more shelf space (there just aren't enough stacks of Corona, placed conveniently in front of the OCB stuff with fridge space). I didn't know whether I should have been amused or threatened.

Sorry for the ramble but I just had to share this anecdote.
What was the LCBO stock monkey's response?

Currently drinking my first Fuller's London Porter in a good long while. Still a great brew, and still a top five porter. I love the unique cigar smoke flavour in this.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Cale wrote:Beau's Sleepy Time Stout
Brakspear Triple
St. Ambroise Pale Ale
Brooklyn Lager
Dead Guy Ale

Shared with the miss at The Brain. Also had a tasty cheese platter - didn't manage to get their names though! Damn.
Dude, this place needs to be added to BA and RB. On top of what you listed above, their Facebook page shows dozens of other high quality, mostly craft bottles. Seems like a destination to me. Do they have any taps?

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

JesseM wrote:He looked not a whole lot older than me and sounded like a WLU business grad. Kind of douchie if you catch my drift.
Hey, I have a business degree from WLU!

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

DragonOfBlood wrote:

I had the weird experince today of listening to a conversation between a MolsonCoors sales guy and the beer guy at my local Lickbow. He was showing him a bunch of graphs on a laptop proving how his products had been 'outselling the market'. He looked not a whole lot older than me and sounded like a WLU business grad. Kind of douchie if you catch my drift. Aparently sales are best in the 'super premium' brands as well as 'value/discount'. Rickards apparently in super-premium. He was arguing that the good sales justified more shelf space for his shit. Except he wasn't so much arguing as just stating as if it were a fact and he was completely entitled to more shelf space (there just aren't enough stacks of Corona, placed conveniently in front of the OCB stuff with fridge space). I didn't know whether I should have been amused or threatened.

Currently drinking my first Fuller's London Porter in a good long while. Still a great brew, and still a top five porter. I love the unique cigar smoke flavour in this.
He was kind of disinterested but polite. And kwjd, you're obviously one of the good ones, evident by the fact that you're on the bartowel! Most douchebags prefer not to drink anything with flavour, unless that flavour is artificial lime.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

cratez wrote:
Cale wrote:Beau's Sleepy Time Stout
Brakspear Triple
St. Ambroise Pale Ale
Brooklyn Lager
Dead Guy Ale

Dude, this place needs to be added to BA and RB. On top of what you listed above, their Facebook page shows dozens of other high quality, mostly craft bottles. Seems like a destination to me. Do they have any taps?
Yeah the place seems to be getting a lot better. Last night they only had Cobblestone Stout and Waupoos Cider on tap, but they usually have a rotation of Beau's, F&M, and Neustadt on tap. Not too long ago they also had a big selection of Neustadt cans like 456, Texas Tea, and Mill Gap. Their bottle selection is mostly what's available at local LCBOs/TBS - but sometimes they get nice gems like the Sleepy Time and the surprisingly tasty Working Man Stout from Barley Days.

Let me know if you're ever back in town and Mel and I will gladly meet up for a drink!

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Amsterdam Boneshaker IPA at the TAPS office with some Great Lakes crew

notdan

Post by notdan »

Cigar City - Sea Bass

... pretty tasty and very complex wild ale of some sort (BA says saison... seems more like a Flanders Oud Bruin to me, not that I've had much of the style).

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

labatt ice

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Weyerbacher Harvest
Creemore Keller
DDC Peche Mortel

Rocking out to Verdi's Requiem.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

DragonOfBlood wrote:

Probably similar to the responses you'd expect from those reprobates that work in radio.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
DragonOfBlood wrote:

Probably similar to the responses you'd expect from those reprobates that work in radio.
Breaking out the thesaurus tonight I see.

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

Trying to clear out my beer fridge (actually just make space for recent purchases). Finally got to my bottle of Amsterdam Teichert Smoked Porter - wow, really good, very smoky!