Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jibblypop

Post by jibblypop »

Sampler pack of Hockley cans. It comes with a stout, dark ale and black & tan.
I actually really like it! Will be buying again.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Had a half-pint of Grimbergen Dubbel at the Monk's Table. Apparently it got a Conditional Pass, so I probably won't be eating there again soon.

The Dubbel was really sweet, a bit too toffee/caramel sweet for me, not enough other flavours to balance it out. Probably wouldn't order it again.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Hopfenstark Baltic Porter - very sweet - I've had the barrel aged version and it kicks all sorts of ass. This gives the ass a boot, but not a hard one.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Mt Begbie Nasty Habit......again

Lagunitas Lucky 13 Alt - didn't even notice the Alt in really small lettering on the label, just thought the recipe had been tweaked a little. There's a real nice herby, basil/rosemary aroma on the nose and in the aftertaste.

Rogue Dirtoir Black Lager - just a fantastic black lager

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Red Racer- I've got 5 cans to go, and this is getting less and less enjoyable with each can. And I ordered another whole case.....shit.

Muskoka Weisse- Bright, citric,phenolic, good acidity, creamy, very enjoyable.

Spaten Lager- Fairly standard.

Great Lakes Red Leaf Lager- Surprised to see this one canned. Was hoping for a recipe improvement since I last tried it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. No matter, other folks seem to be buying a lot of it.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

carguy

Post by carguy »

Mikkeller George! Barrel Aged (Bourbon Edition)

Brought to me by a friend visiting from Copenhagen. He paid $17 for the bottle in Denmark, and it was worth every penny!!!

Likely one of the best beers I've ever had. Fantastic!

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Anchor Our Special Ale 2010. A lot of black cherry in this one, which may or may not be a result of aging for a good 10 months. It's still a good beer, but I don't dig it as much as previous versions. Also got in some St-Ambroise Pale (it's been a long time), and Muskoka Mad Tom for an evening BBQ with friends.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

carguy wrote:Mikkeller George! Barrel Aged (Bourbon Edition)

Brought to me by a friend visiting from Copenhagen. He paid $17 for the bottle in Denmark, and it was worth every penny!!!

Likely one of the best beers I've ever had. Fantastic!
Th9is was one of the ones available through the Mikkeller private order last year, a great beer indeed, and only about $10/bottle IIRC
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

In honor of Marshall Faulk's induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame tonight I'm drinking a few specials from the cellar I've been keeping. The lineup for tonight:

Fuller's Vintage 2006
Double Bastard 2007
Westmalle Tripel 2005
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout 2007

Then for the rest of the night it will be Mad Tom.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

So far today:

St. Ambroise Apricot Wheat
Prima Pils
Great Divide Belgian Yeti

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Currently finishing the last bottle of SN torpedo from going up to the cottage last week. Tonight for the fights on ppv I have a growler of Niagara College Cherry wheat. Very nice wheat beer with a little bit of cherry in the nose and on the end.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Sacketts Harbour Malicious Double IPA, Steamroller (APA?) and 1812 amber on tap at the brewpub. Damn fine stuff for this hidden gem halfway between TO and Otown.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

King Vienna Lager
St. Sylvestre Gavroche (love this one!)
GRB Plowman's Ale

And either Christoffel Blonde or La Terrible next. I'd really like to save the Terrible for a tasting (if I ever get out to a KW tasting again) so likely I'll pass on it, but it's so tempting! I don't get too many nights these days to just sit and enjoy beer in satisfying portions so everything is good by my books.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Brooklyn Sorachi Ace
Nogne O Two Captains DIPA
Victory Hop Devil
Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet
Mcauslan Scotch Ale
FM Netherworld[/list]

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Some new arrivals to Alberta;

Beer Here Nordic Rye - a real nice, sweet 'n peppery rye farmhouse ale.

Djaevlebryg Gudelos Imperial Stout - an immense Imp Stout, big in aroma, flavour and the huge mocha fluffy head stays until the last sip.

Sherbrooke Ragutiene - This is THE best ale from Sherbrooke. A great Baltic Porter and the 9.5% alc is hidden far too well!