Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Celebrator
Barking Squirrel
Moar Celebrator.

Celebrator is my highest rated beer on RB (4.9), and the closest thing I know to perfection in a glass. Thank you, so much Lickbow for bringing it in.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

liamt07 wrote:
cannondale wrote:Dieu du Ciel Corne du Diable (draught)
Struise Pannepot Wild (draught)
Unibroue Don de Dieu (bottle)
Unibroue Trois Pistoles (bottle)
Pannepot Wild on draught? Jesus Christ, where?
Le Saint-Bock
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

cannondale wrote:
liamt07 wrote:
cannondale wrote:Dieu du Ciel Corne du Diable (draught)
Struise Pannepot Wild (draught)
Unibroue Don de Dieu (bottle)
Unibroue Trois Pistoles (bottle)
Pannepot Wild on draught? Jesus Christ, where?
Le Saint-Bock
Their 5th anniversary party came and went with little fanfare... they had Three Floyds Dark Lord on tap. 3 vintages of 120 minute IPA, and so much more.

My ride choked the same day, I was so pissed for missing this, specially knowing the menu in advance.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Founders Double Trouble.

The notion that hops fade seems to be exaggerated. This bottle is months and months old and is hoppy as hoppy can be.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

cannondale wrote: (Le St Bock's) 5th anniversary party came and went with little fanfare... they had Three Floyds Dark Lord on tap.
Did they make you wait in the parking lot for 10 hours if you wanted a snifter of Dark Lord? I'm impressed at the offerings, StB are more hip than I realized,
In Beerum Veritas

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Last night at home:

Garrison Oktoberfest Brau
Central City Red Racer IPA
Stoudts Fat Dog Imperial Oatmeal Stout
andrewrg wrote: Breckenridge Vanilla Porter
I was eyeing this in Grand Rapids but the clerks at both Siciliano's and International Beverage said it was too sweet for their tastes and suggested that I get something else. What did you think of it?
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

heebes

Post by heebes »

fresh Founders Breakfast Stout, pretty much my favourite beer.

coffee is so prominent now opposed to the one i had saved for a year which was mostly chocolate based. i love both equally though, fresh and aged.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

cratez wrote: I was eyeing this in Grand Rapids but the clerks at both Siciliano's and International Beverage said it was too sweet for their tastes and suggested that I get something else. What did you think of it?
I enjoyed it. I'm not sure I would purchase it again, but not because it was too sweet. It was more carbonated than I like my stouts to be and a bit thin for my tastes. The flavour was good though, it had hints of vanilla, not really any bitterness to speak of, and overall a pretty solid taste.

If you don't mind your stouts being fizzy, you would probably like this. I prefer my stouts to be more like Amsterdam's Tempest: thicker, stronger and less carbonated than the Breckenridge.

If you're looking to try a vanilla porter, you won't go wrong with this one. It doesn't seem to be too common a style, so I enjoyed getting to try this one.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Saw NoMeansNo at the Casbah in Hamilton last night and had a Mill Street Oktoberfest. They are playing http://www.troududiable.com/ on Saturday night in Shawinigan, they put on a super solid set.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Amsterdam Tempest, best beer they've ever done. Out of the bottle was better than the barrel aged version with cocoa nibs. Great stuff.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

So jealous of your having bottles of Tempest. I hope that beer comes back soon.

Flying Dog Doggie Style Pale Ale. Not bad.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Black Creek Stout, a new one & once again surprisingly good.

Grand River Highballer Pumpkin Ale - also bottled, good balance this year if rather tame pumpkin flavors. Also was a bad idea to blend this with Black Creek Stout, it tastes like a lame Christmas Ale.

I also grabbed some Porter Baltique, the 4x Corné and the Scotch Ale thing. Is it just me or is beer a good thing to have around?
In Beerum Veritas

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

On cask, .Alley Kat/Sherbrooke Heat Seeker, a coconut curry porter. Didn't get much coconut or curry, but a lot of cardamom, cinnamon & nutmeg. Very pleasant, and reminded me of nutcracker porter.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Barley Days Oaked Harvest Ale - Drain pour as it was poorly capped and completely flat and oxidized

Fuller's 1845 - Bliss!
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

icemachine wrote:Barley Days Oaked Harvest Ale
Where'd you get that? Brewery?