Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

today while brewing i had a few homebrew and 2 bottles of sierra nevada ruthless rye pale ale. Very nice beer. Good amount of rye flavour very dry and spicy.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Victory Storm King. Excellent hoppy stout.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Bruery Imperial White. Meh.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

After a couple of beer-free days, I am enjoying a Great Lakes Project X Lake Effect IPA courtesy of Soods. This one is great! If only the Project X bottles were more available...

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Russell & Storm's Big Smoke collaboration (10% peat malt!).

Now an Ardbeg, which doesn't seem nearly as smoky as usual.

Happy Robbie Burns Day!

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Last night enjoyed my first Six Point ale. They're Bengali Tiger, biggest East Coast IPA true to the style I've had yet. Tons and tons of pine in this one.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

sprague11 wrote: Ren's still around?
Only 'til tomorrow. Then the Hamilton folks have to deal with him. :lol:

Last night at home:

Beck's Non-Alcoholic Beer
President's Choice Red Brew

Antibiotics are not cool!
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

cratez wrote:

Last night at home:

What! He leaves the day we arrive? Son of a bitch!

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Enjoying a Great Lakes No Chance with Miranda. Picked up a couple at the last Project X event. Delicious!!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Garrison Spruce Beer - it's kinda real good, a bit herbal and sarsaparilla-like with some bitterness to counter the full rich sweetness. (Do try it cold.) Some mineral character, and hunting for woody and resin character, OK maybe there's some of that there too. Has certain aromas and tastes I'd expect more in wine. It will grow on me and it's certainly not bad stuff the first time today.

(All five of the release at Front St & Jarvis Elseebio.)
In Beerum Veritas

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Belgian wrote:Garrison Spruce Beer - it's kinda real good, a bit herbal and sarsaparilla-like with some bitterness to counter the full rich sweetness. (Do try it cold.) Some mineral character, and hunting for woody and resin character, OK maybe there's some of that there too. Has certain aromas and tastes I'd expect more in wine. It will grow on me and it's certainly not bad stuff the first time today.

(All five of the release at Front St & Jarvis Elseebio.)
Man, can't wait to try this...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

cratez wrote:

Last night at home:

It's too bad Labatt Nordic isn't around any more. It had a lot of complexity to it that was very rewarding the more you drank of it.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Stoudts Double IPA.

gordmit

Post by gordmit »

So...I'm sittin' around watching TV...enjoying some ice floating around a glass of whisky. When done, I decide to open a bottle of Mad Tom. I sit back down then remember I need a glass as I don't generally like drinking good beer right from the bottle. I spy my empty rocks glass and, being the lazy cow that I am, decide to use it for the beer...ice and all. It was pretty tasty. Now, I know what you're thinking: this guy is a real loser and somewhat of a douche. Well, maybe so. But, the beer was super chilly and the small glass was emptied (and re-filled) long before much of the ice turned to water and diluted the beer - the hops seemed to crispen initially on the mouth and then explode on the finish. Now, as a rule I appreciate the magic of beer as it warms in a pint glass, opening up beautiful aromas and flavours....mmmmm. I lust for neat single malts and toy with adding a dorp or two of water, but sometimes a guy just needs to get out and float his cubes...if you know what I mean.
Gord

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

gordmit wrote:Now, I know what you're thinking: this guy is a real loser and somewhat of a douche. Well, maybe so.
I'd give you a chance to prove that in person.
In Beerum Veritas