Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

SteelbackGuy wrote: You're right. My last bottle was one of the best ever!

But I'm just a homer and all of their beers taste like smoke........... :roll: :roll: :roll:
It seems to be a pattern of some new brewers that they release their 'beta test' versions before a beer is really worked out. (Probably happens in the States as well, no?)

Maybe a financial necessity to sell those first batches, but I hope it does not hurt the beer's success with potential repeat buyers.
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Sierra Nevada Kellerweiss - Would be dangerously easy to kick a few of these back in a sitting.

DFH Burton Baton waiting for me when the week is over.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

meantime IPA

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Delicious!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Hite from Korea. The most amazing beer ever for sales figures in Korea.
In Beerum Veritas

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

Green Flash West Coast IPA and Tröegs Nugget Nectar, courtesy of Premier Gourmet.

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

I'll have to pick something good after officially giving my resignation at work today. Feel good to be a gangsta

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

viggo wrote:I'll have to pick something good after officially giving my resignation at work today. Feel good to be a gangsta
Ooh, does that mean you're "brewing" up a new job for yourself? Even if not, congrats! A little music for the occasion:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Yeah good luck with the next carreer thing. Even if it's just filling the yard with empy beer cans, you can eventually retire on those.

I'm craving Brutal Bitter later on!
In Beerum Veritas

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Tree Brewing's Captivator Dopplebock. Real nice sweet malt aroma, and a kick of warming alcohol as it slips down. Very nice.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

WOW, just finished a Howe Sound Total Eclipse of the Hop IIPA, and this is one of the most balanced, perfectly drinkable IIPA's I've ever tasted. Everything just moulds together wonderfully and is an absolute pleasure to drink. A real lesson to other brewers who 'think' an IIPA has to be hopped to high heaven to qualify. And the 1L bottle just goes far far too quickly.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

hopslam

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

My wife is the greatest. She went to Windsor the other day and on the way home stopped and picked me up a 6 pack of Mill St Coffee Porter since I had been talking about wanting to try it!!

After reading some good and bad comments about it, I wasn't sure what to expect. I personally thought it was an excellent beer. Coffee taste isn't too overpowering but each drink you take you can smell it in the glass. Another great brew from Mill St!

bartle

Post by bartle »

viggo wrote:I'll have to pick something good after officially giving my resignation at work today. Feel good to be a gangsta
Did you leave Scarface style (Half Baked)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp6olw9iaxE
enjoi

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

matt7215 wrote:hopslam
Fantastic beer. In my top 5. Got to have it on tap in the Eccentric Cafe/Bell's brewery a couple of years ago as well and it blew my mind.