Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

teichertbier

Post by teichertbier »

Great Divide Espresso Oak Aged Yeti
Dogfish Head World Wide Stout

carguy

Post by carguy »

Ten Bitter Years...I felt guilty buying a 24 of it, knowing how many people wanted it, but now, I'm thinking I should have gone for 48. Man, THIS is the good stuff.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Ploegers Vlaams Rood by Grand River Brewing - took a few tries but slowly this is growing on me. Has an almost medicinal sharp herbal woody dry/sour taste over the fruit of sour cherry, unripe grape and green apple peel. interesting. The quality is there... unusual style I guess.
In Beerum Veritas

notdan

Post by notdan »

Arrogant Bastard. Mmmm.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Muskoka Hefe X2
Muskoka Cream X2
Duggan's # 9

All freshly tapped at Chancey Smith's. An evening of delicious!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

The rather average Saranac Pale Ale. Kozel Dark on deck.

carguy

Post by carguy »

Down at the Kiwi earlier and had a Mill Street Lemon Tea Ale. Nice patio beer. Also, I had one of the final pints of the cask conditioned Curmudgeon.

Finishing the night now with a Ten Bitter Years.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

They have BOTH Denisons Weisse and Denisons Dunkel @ The Magpie - the Dunkel is delicious with layers of fruit and toffee.

The Duggans #9 is also incredibly tasty - I let everyone try it then pretty much everyone ordered it.
Had a Hoptical at C'est yesterday -- anybody else feel Hoptical Illusion is leaning towards the #9 (or MS Tankhouse?)
In Beerum Veritas

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Belgian wrote: The Duggans #9 is also incredibly tasty - I let everyone try it then pretty much everyone ordered it.
Had a Hoptical at C'est yesterday -- anybody else feel Hoptical Illusion is leaning towards the #9 (or MS Tankhouse?)
Hoptical, Tankhouse, #9, GR Plowmans, F&M Red, they are all interchangable to me. red moderatly hopped ales with cara malt body at session weight. the ontario pale ale is what ive been calling them.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Charlevoix Dominus Vobiscum Lupulus

fuckin hell what a beer, im actually glad its not local cause i wouldnt drink much of anything else

carguy

Post by carguy »

Black Oak Double Chocolate Cherry Stout

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Draught Boundary Bay's IPA at home, whilst sorting out my 93 bottles I brought back from Bellingham/Vancouver. A 1 US Gallon 'skin' for $17, Cheers Jethro 'n Sol :-)

My first drop of alcohol for 5 days. Went to a wedding in Vancouver, reception at Boundary Bay and I'm ill for the whole friggin' trip :evil: :evil: I missed out on FREE BEER!!!!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Koningshoeven Tripel while watching the Habs battle Sid & Co.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Torontoblue wrote:Draught Boundary Bay's IPA at home, whilst sorting out my 93 bottles I brought back from Bellingham/Vancouver. A 1 US Gallon 'skin' for $17, Cheers Jethro 'n Sol :-)

My first drop of alcohol for 5 days. Went to a wedding in Vancouver, reception at Boundary Bay and I'm ill for the whole friggin' trip :evil: :evil: I missed out on FREE BEER!!!!
That sucks. Boundary Bay has a solid lineup... I like that place.

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Bobsy wrote:
The Daisy Cutter smelled so strongly of weed it was unbelievable!
The best APA out there IMO. (I find it hard to qualify Alpha King as anything but an IPA)