Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Cannery Blackberry Porter
Lava Smoked Porter
Grand River Curmudg. IPA
Stone Levitation

Thanks Danielle!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Samuel Adams Latitude 48. Not bad at all.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Mariage Parfait... been a lambic kinda week.

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

An afternoon stop by at the Only Cafe, started with St. Bernardus Tripel and on to Smash Bomb IPA on tap.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Nothing right now but you can bet your bottom dollar my night will include a Heartstopper Stout!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Bytowner wrote:Mariage Parfait... been a lambic kinda week.
Ahhhh... to be able to say that. :cry:

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

3:2 blend of Fuller's porter and Tsingtao (the domestic Chinese version in the brown bottle, 3.7% ABV). The blend lightens the porter, which is rich and sweet, and the result is a very drinkable lighter porter essentially.

Gary
Gary Gillman

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

DDC La Rescousse - a nice, pleasant, malt forward, bitter finish alt ale. Can't see this 6 pack lasting long.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Sherbrooke Heartstopper Stout, thanks to Sid. Wow, this is great, great stuff. Glad I have one more to share with the London crew.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Sherbrooke Heartstopper Stout, thanks to Sid. Wow, this is great, great stuff. Glad I have one more to share with the London crew.
Happy to be of service and so glad the CP Monkey's didn't break the bottles.

Just cracked open my one (and very much ONLY) Beer Geek Bacon and it just reinforces to me that I DON'T like smoked beers. I just get flavours of iodine & smoke......it all tastes just a little too artificial......it's not very enjoyable. But at $10.99 it ain't gonna be a drain pour!!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Torontoblue wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:Sherbrooke Heartstopper Stout, thanks to Sid. Wow, this is great, great stuff. Glad I have one more to share with the London crew.
Happy to be of service and so glad the CP Monkey's didn't break the bottles.

Just cracked open my one (and very much ONLY) Beer Geek Bacon and it just reinforces to me that I DON'T like smoked beers. I just get flavours of iodine & smoke......it all tastes just a little too artificial......it's not very enjoyable. But at $10.99 it ain't gonna be a drain pour!!
Atta boy!Drink up and just remember the stuff you didn't like. I find even the beers I don't intend to buy again I still like to evaluate.

BooBoo

Post by BooBoo »

2 x Christoffel Dry Hopped Nobel
1 x Tree Hophead DIPA
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. "

-Ernest Hemingway

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary - Our Brewers Reserve Grand Cru

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Last night I decided to drink a bottle of Nugget Nectar that had been hanging around since last year. It tasted like a mild barley wine. No hops present at all after a year. Not an experiment that I would recommend to others...

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I love Nugget Nectar, but it's definitely not one for the cellar.

ST Gemini for me yesterday