Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

HogTownHarry wrote:
HogTownHarry wrote:
HogTownHarry wrote:I have and 07 Double Bastard in the fridge - that's my next target!
Actually, it's a well-cellared '06 - wooooo!
This MOFO is kickin' my ass. Woot.
You're a lucky, lucky man. Never had the Double, but the regular AB is one of my favourite brews of all time.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

1845 with High Street Fish & Chips.

Not a typical pairing, but I was surprised how the grease brought the hoppiness out front & the malt played in background.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Old Tory Lager... a joke gift from a colleague that finally got to me today. I'm pretty sure its just a renaming of one of their other brews (does anyone know which?). It wasn't as awful as I thought, and was enjoyable in an underwhelming way.

I'm now off to the Only Cafe for a party and to grab my first Rochefort 10. From the ridiculous to the sublime, indeed.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Wellington County Dark, a can that despite lingering in my fridge for a few months, is still quite tasty.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

An 1845, a Adnams Strong and a Thomas Hardy's vintage 2006 as a nightcap. Nice.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Jon Walker wrote:.... Thomas Hardy's vintage 2006 as a nightcap. Nice.

How was that? I am finding those awfully hard to drink still.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Hop 15.

It's good, but not nearly as great as I expected. I find it a little syrupy, the carbonation is way too low, and the alcohol is a little too assertive (given its flavour).

IMHO, Unearthly is WAY better than this one. Perhaps I should order some more...

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

SteelbackGuy wrote: How was that? I am finding those awfully hard to drink still.
It's mellowing but still fairly alcohol forward. There's no carbonation at all and sips much like the Hair of the Dog Doggie Claws from 06. I'm on the fence about it...flavourful but not full of the complex layers I was hoping for (yet) but perhaps given it's supposedly ageable for 25 odd years, hopefully it will hit it's stride down the road. I really can only hope since I still have about 30 bottles of the stuff.

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

Derek wrote:Hop 15.

It's good, but not nearly as great as I expected. I find it a little syrupy, the carbonation is way too low, and the alcohol is a little too assertive (given its flavour).

IMHO, Unearthly is WAY better than this one. Perhaps I should order some more...
I am eagerly awaiting my cases of Hoppe and Un*Earthly - soon? Right now I'm drinking a VERY fresh Sierra Nevada Celebration (more in the fridge, I'll get to them) - this is excellent; dry, leafy, resiny bitterness, particularly in the aroma, but tons of malt backbone - not a shy and retiring beer, and I'm not entirely sure eating smoked gouda with it is wise, but I'm glad I bought a case of Celebration on Friday!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Regarding Sierra Nevada, their Chico Harvest was sublime.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Spent the day putting Xmas lights up outside, so I'm spending the evening currently enjoying a Monty Python Holy Grail Ale then will be folliwing this up with a Stone Ruination IPA, mmmm!

Magni

Post by Magni »

enjoying a nice westmalle dubbel in my new westmalle glass. excellent.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Just had a Dogfish India Brown. Dee-lish!

(And drinking more Erdinger to get the fantastic glasses. Not a Heavy-Weizen like Schneider but at least very fresh tasting, and better glasses than Schneider.)
In Beerum Veritas

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Belgian wrote:Just had a Dogfish India Brown. Dee-lish!

(And drinking more Erdinger to get the fantastic glasses. Not a Heavy-Weizen like Schneider but at least very fresh tasting, and better glasses than Schneider.)
I'm always puzzled when people post that they "just had" a beer in a post that went up at 9:22am...Did you pour it on your corn flakes? That's some kinda breakfast!

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Jon, 14:22 in my books is 2:22PM.