Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

Some Duggan 9, Dead Elephant and Highlander while watching my Flyers make it to the finals. Hopefully a trip to Philli is in my future, that means US beer.... :)

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

jimmay wrote:Some Duggan 9, Dead Elephant and Highlander while watching my Flyers make it to the finals. Hopefully a trip to Philli is in my future, that means US beer.... :)
If you do visit the Victory Brew pub. Highly recommended.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Really enjoying GR Galt Knife Lager these days. And Denisons Weisse and Creemore Kellerbier. Kickin' it old-school.
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

The last of my Dale's Pale Ale.

There's 4 Lake Erie Monsters sitting in the fridge waiting for the weekend.

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Pints of homebrewed pale ale and cans of euro lager on the patio, unemployment rules
Fuckin' magnets... How do they work?

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

stopping in at the LCBO on my way home from work to collect a couple bottles of Schneider's Hopfen Wiesse and the Gaffel Kolsch. Tonight is going to be a good night. :D

carguy

Post by carguy »

Rogue Brutal Bitter. But someone stole my hops!! This isn't nearly as good as last year. No hop flavour or aroma at all. Very dissapointing.

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Just got back from Chicago, brought back a massive haul of beer.

Going to start with the Three Floyd's Dreadnaught and The Founders Double Trouble IPA.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

carguy wrote:Rogue Brutal Bitter. But someone stole my hops!! This isn't nearly as good as last year. No hop flavour or aroma at all. Very dissapointing.
I thought it had lots of hop flavour and a beautiful aroma when i drank it early april.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

dutchcanuck wrote:stopping in at the LCBO on my way home from work to collect a couple bottles of Schneider's Hopfen Wiesse and the Gaffel Kolsch. Tonight is going to be a good night. :D
Got the Schneiders tonight myself. Was very suprised to see st catharines the first to have it out. Excellent beer. I will be back tomorrow to get some more.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Found a bottle of 1997 Boon Framboise at my parent's house. No better time than the present to have it! Very nice, I believe the flavours have mellowed significantly over the years.

bartle

Post by bartle »

Tree Hop Head in Calgary... This is pretty delicious. Loads of pine and citrus. Loving the grapefruit bitterness that lingers on the tongue. Pretty easy to drink.
enjoi

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Fantome La Dalmatienne - exacty the reason why I drive to Buffalo, and it was only ten bucks at Consumers (as opposed to 14 or 16.)

phat matt wrote:
dutchcanuck wrote:stopping in at the LCBO on my way home from work to collect a couple bottles of Schneider's Hopfen Wiesse and the Gaffel Kolsch. Tonight is going to be a good night. :D
Got the Schneiders tonight myself. Was very suprised to see st catharines the first to have it out. Excellent beer. I will be back tomorrow to get some more.
Buy cases. It's $5.50 in Buffalo, and some feel it is better than the $13.99 Brooklyner version.
In Beerum Veritas

Rosko

Post by Rosko »

Sinha Stout after a couple Sgt. Major's IPA.

Life is good.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I had a Sgt Major's last night that was literally hours off the bottle line. Maybe 4 hours. It was really amazing. So fresh.