Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Sierra Nevada Celebration 2008 (oddly, aging this IPA turned out alright)
Troegs Nugget Nectar
Creemore Keller

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

About to crack open a St. Ambroise Stout Imperiale Russe for the first time. Just waiting for it to warm a little first.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Moosehead Light Lime
Miller Chill
Stonewall Lime Lager
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere 2010, Orval 2008, Rochefort 8 2005.

Sammy I did offer you the Sierra Nevada Estate for a tasting, alas it is now long gone. Probably one of the better SN beers, along with the usual stunning SN Harvest.
In Beerum Veritas

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Moosehead Light Lime
Miller Chill
Stonewall Lime Lager
Len, you haven't lived until you've tried Big Rock Lime. It's the Champagne of lime beers.

Drinking....

Central City Red Racer IPA
Tree Serendipity No. 1
Alley Kat Sherbrooke Chocolate Cherry Ostiarius

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

boney wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:Moosehead Light Lime
Miller Chill
Stonewall Lime Lager
Len, you haven't lived until you've tried Big Rock Lime. It's the Champagne of lime beers.

Drinking....

Central City Red Racer IPA
Tree Serendipity No. 1
Alley Kat Sherbrooke Chocolate Cherry Ostiarius
Ohh I've had the big rock lime. And you're right, it is like Champagne. I save that one for special occasions.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

boney wrote: Alley Kat Sherbrooke Chocolate Cherry Ostiarius
Did you find this to be far to artificial with the Cherry flavour; almost medicinal? It's not a patch on Black Oak's Double Chocolate Cherry Stout, is it?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Creemore Keler - a lot of dimension and round flvors for a lager. Caint beleves how good it drink. I now soak in my bath tub because replacing hardwood floors really beats the hell out of your muscles. Ahh... sweet precious beer!
In Beerum Veritas

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Torontoblue wrote:
Did you find this to be far to artificial with the Cherry flavour; almost medicinal? It's not a patch on Black Oak's Double Chocolate Cherry Stout, is it?
Definitely. A cross between cherry cough syrup and a black forrest cake. Too much of the former and not enough of the latter. The KGB Impy Stout is far and away the best of the Sherbrooke-Allety Kat stuff, with the Ostiarius no where near as good as the Black Oak.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I spent the weekend up North and was pleasantly surprised to find the my father-in-law had bought a 4-pack of Beau's after I took him some up last visit. Great beer in the sun! I then tucked into the Half Pints Burly Wine order that I picked up en route, and its tasting great. Biggest surprise of the weekend was at the wedding we attended, which had Yuengling Lager available.

Last night we got back and cracked Deschutes Black Butte, Green Flash West Coast IPA and New Holland The Poet. First two were great, but I find the New Holland very underwhelming for an oatmeal stout, especially compared to St-Ambroise.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

boney wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:
Definitely. A cross between cherry cough syrup and a black forrest cake. Too much of the former and not enough of the latter. The KGB Impy Stout is far and away the best of the Sherbrooke-Allety Kat stuff, with the Ostiarius no where near as good as the Black Oak.
The KGB is awesome. I'm guessing this is an ongoing brew so I don't have to go out and hoard a case full?

carguy

Post by carguy »

Mill Street Tankhouse

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

La Chouffe. The beer with really big bottle caps!
In Beerum Veritas

carguy

Post by carguy »

Galt Knife Old Style Lager. My back up when Grand River is out of Plowmans which seems to be happening on a distrubingly regular basis lately. Proof that beer with lots of flavour will sell.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Belgian wrote:Sammy I did offer you the Sierra Nevada Estate for a tasting, alas it is now long gone. Probably one of the better SN beers, along with the usual stunning SN Harvest.
I drank a ton of the Estate when I spent 3 days at the brewery in early Sept. Can't get much fresher or more local than that.