Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

Torontoblue wrote:Lovely. It was almost Port like in it's flavour. There was a high vinegar aroma to it but that never came through in the taste or finish. It was just like drinking a fine port with a hint of sourness. I'm not a big drinker of Belgium beers but this was good.
Cool - that must have been a treat. Out of curiosity, where did you get the Goudenband?

-Josh

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

detritus wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:Lovely. It was almost Port like in it's flavour. There was a high vinegar aroma to it but that never came through in the taste or finish. It was just like drinking a fine port with a hint of sourness. I'm not a big drinker of Belgium beers but this was good.
Cool - that must have been a treat. Out of curiosity, where did you get the Goudenband?

-Josh
From a fellow Bartoweler who helped me consume everything else in my earlier list.

Queef

Post by Queef »

nothing yet today, but closer to dinner time will be
DFH 60 min IPA
Wachusett Nut Brown
Beaus FestivAle
it's beer o'clock.

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

Sunday's beer drinkin was Rogue Brutal Bitter x 3...currently one of my favourites.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Mill St. Coffee Porter. 1 of my favs. 8)
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

I didn't know FestivAle was out! Let me know how it is, I'll probably head out there next weekend.

Queef

Post by Queef »

it's very good. very sessionable too, as evidenced this past weekend..hic.

last I knew there are some growlers available of it at the brewery.
it's beer o'clock.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

detritus wrote:

-Josh

I must say they are quite a treat. I've had an 88, and an 87. The 87 I shared with some folks on here, and it was might fine.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

irishkyle21

Post by irishkyle21 »

Stone Double Bastard, I love this stuff.

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

Illuminatus wrote:Tankhouse Ale, for me.
I had a choice between a Victory Hop Devil that has been expired for almost a year and a Tankhouse Ale. I chose the Hop Devil. Sadly still trumps the Tankhouse.

Illuminatus

Post by Illuminatus »

StevenThrasher wrote:
I had a choice between a Victory Hop Devil that has been expired for almost a year and a Tankhouse Ale. I chose the Hop Devil. Sadly still trumps the Tankhouse.
Tankhouse is one of the best beers available at my local LCBO. Certainly the hoppiest. Sad, I know.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Had a Duchy Organic Ale with dinner tonight......left over from the winter and only average. However, I drank a few Bell's Hopslam's this weekend that I brought back from Kalamazoo. Those may down-grade every thing else I'll be drinking this week.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Illuminatus wrote:
StevenThrasher wrote:
Tankhouse is one of the best beers available at my local LCBO. Certainly the hoppiest. Sad, I know.
Well, it's Monday night so I'm not quite up to playing macho CAMRA/Hop superhero, so I'm hanging up my tights for the night and having a Tankhouse too. :)

If this were to become the generic session ale of the town, we would have little to complain about.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

I'm sitting out back, watching my kids play, and enjoying a Headstrong Pale Ale. (Quickly becoming a favourite.)

And I'll second Tapsucker's Tankhouse comment. Nothing wrong with that beer at all.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

Tapsucker wrote:Well, it's Monday night so I'm not quite up to playing macho CAMRA/Hop superhero
Yeah me neither. I only had one Hop Devil left so I drank it. On to Tankhouse now as well.