Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Streets wrote:I also had a Hopfen-Weisse? (the schneider/brooklyn collaboration) this week split over 2 evenings, and I'm glad I only bought 1 of those.
I had one a couple of weeks ago (from the SAQ) and to me it smelled really plastic-y. The taste was OK but I couldn't get it past my nose.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Rogue Voodoo Maple Bacon Donut Ale.

This is an interesting beer. Not as bad as many have said, and I typically hate smoked beers. This would be impossible to drink to myself in one sitting - not exactly easy-drinking. That said, I am somewhat impressed that they pulled this one off. The bacon is here. So is the maple. So is the donut. This is actually making me crave a donut.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Having a Wild Rose Belgian Style Dubbel (courtesy of Boney), previously, I had a Weihenstephaner Kristalweissbier, and met up with a few SOB's for their camp at Sidrabene. Had one of Dutchcanuck's 5 IBU lawnmower brews, tasted pretty good, very lawnmower worthy. Had some of JCC's butter bombs (like popcorn in a glass) and his AHA advancing RIS, which tasted pretty damn good, wish I was camping out there too, but tonight I'm brewing at home, an all late hopped IPA.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red.

The best Fuit/Vegetable beer I have ever had. Hands down.

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Sixpoint Resin. My tongue has been tingling from the hop oils right after the first sip. 9.1 abv is hidden extremely well.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Simple Malt Matraque (ew)
Saison de Buff from Stone's brewery (nice)
Central Waters Brewhouse coffee stout (I think it was called.. great great beer though!)

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

Wernesgruner
Crazy Canuck

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

3 year old Floreffe Tripel. Beautiful Caramel malt bomb with some nice apple and coriander flavours
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

iguenard wrote:Saison de Buff from Stone's brewery (nice)
Saison DU Buff
Tried it at Coles or Monk - coincidentally "The Buff" is a nickname for Buffalo, NY.

Other saisons recently - St. Feuillen at Only (was OK) and last night at Castro's they had casks of Amsterdam Bon Bon (was bon) and the legendary Black Oak Marmelaide Saison (so tasty and refreshing, that was a double-pint!)

Were 8 or 9 bucks, but outstanding fresh cask and a 'proper' pint serving - not the <>330 ml serving now de rigueur to charge as much for, regardless of beer style.
Proving the adage 'good' beer is often 'easy to drink' I encouraged a local to enjoy some cask Arkell and draft Hacker Weisse - had never had unfiltered beers before, really liked them.
In Beerum Veritas

Streets

Post by Streets »

I guess everyone else is still recovering, but BrewsnBands at the Casbah was a blast.

Hops & Robbers, Sawdust City IPA, Beaus/Le Trou Du Diable No. 20 • Fous Alliés - Mango Saison, Lots of Cameron's RPA, Boneshaker cask, Stone Hammer Maple Ale cask, Naroma pizza sample, dropped it, begged for and received a new slice, Flying Monkey's Stereo Vision.

I didn't try the Mill St. Paradise IPA (heard it was mediocre), and what else am I missing? Nickel Brook seemed to have their entire portfolio on display, and I know there was also the Wellington Imperial Stout and a few others that I wasn't able to 'sample'.

And any ideas to explain why walkers were getting 'pulled over' by the cops?

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

At the cottage had some crazy canuck a bunch of red racer and a can of Duke's. Sitting back now with a Chimay Grande Reserve.

jprime

Post by jprime »

Last night at home with Matt and Joel

Tree Captivator Doppelbock
Great Lakes Barrel-Aged Blackout Stout 2010
New Holland Night Tripper
Kulmbacher Mönchshof Maibock
Berg Ulrichsbier
Schneider Weisse Tap X Mein Nelson Sauvin
Gold Ochsen Original

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

jprime wrote: New Holland Night Tripper
How is it? I have a bottle from my last trip to Michigan that I have yet to crack..

Soods

Post by Soods »

NØgne O Imperial Stout

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red.

The best Fuit/Vegetable beer I have ever had. Hands down.
Sold out all 3 times I've crawled into wisconsin. next time...