Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

andrewrg wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:
andrewrg wrote:Southern Tier 2XIPA out of a Southern Tier pint glass to celebrate a good beer run/weekend trip to Buffalo. Got this from the LCBO, though.
Dare I ask......how big was your glass? :D
Pretty sure it's 16 oz. :)
Or so they claim! :)

Drinking some Garrison Baltic Porter to wash down a Laguinitas Hairy Eyeball (best name ever).

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Great Divide Belgian Yeti. I love the variations of Yeti - this one less so - but when the base is this good it doesn't matter.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

January 2006 Trois Pistoles, still kicking strong & watching the February 1988 concert of Guns 'n' Roses playing at the Ritz. G'n'R did not age quite as well.
In Beerum Veritas

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Belgian wrote:January 2006 Trois Pistoles, still kicking strong & watching the February 1988 concert of Guns 'n' Roses playing at the Ritz. G'n'R did not age quite as well.
Surprising, I thought that high alcohol percentage made for long shelf life. :wink:

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Great Lakes Project X No Chance With Miranda Saison, courtesy of PeenSteen, to finish off the weekend. Very nice stuff. Damn, I love a good saison.

Streets

Post by Streets »

Yesterday was a Square Nail Pale Ale which I quite enjoyed, thanks Cale!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Yesterday at Bier Markt King West:

Urthel Hop-It (draught)
Lost Coast Indica IPA (bottle)
Rogue Mocha Porter (bottle)
Rogue Brutal IPA (bottle)

Right now at home:

Three Floyds Pride & Joy Mild Ale

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Tree hop head. Nice to see another ipa option at the lcbo. Plan on buying more.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Red Racer. Yum.

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

Old Foghorn from Anchor. Been a while since I had a barleywine. Nice to be back.

heebes

Post by heebes »

red racer here too, also a hobgoblin for a formal review.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Great Divide Hercules DIPA...remember when I posted a while ago that I was getting a little fatiqued by hoppy beers? Well, a trip to NY didn't help that...I've got about 10 Tempests I'm dying to get into but I'm trying to "respect the hop" and drink all my hoppy stuff first...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Brasserie De La Senne Zinnebir from my recent trip to Buffalo. Delicious, bit spicy, refreshing.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Menabrea, a tasty Italian lager at Bettola. Just the beer and 8 little meat ravioli came to over 30 bucks. :o Can't recc this place for value (or to fill up on grub), but the food's nice and the vibe is great.

Osteria is just strange, you can spend a lot for a little there too (really tried to give it a chance!) I'd stick with Terroni actually. Terroni had great prices on Birrifico Bruton and all that stuff.
In Beerum Veritas

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Galt Knife Old Style Lager