Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Belgian wrote:I'm getting a serious thirst-on to try some different Gueuze and Saisons from Buffalo - the Fantone Dalmation is on sale for 10 bucks at Consumers right now!
The Dalmatienne is an awesome beer, and a bargain at $10. If you see it again, buy it.

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Bobsy wrote:
viggo wrote:
ritzkiss wrote:With bobsy last night:

Growler of Beau's Beaver River IPA
Beau's Sleepy Time Stout
Manchester Brewing's Naughty Nancy Nut Brown
Pretty Things Jack D'Or
A totally flat Drie Fonteinen Doesjel (which was sad)
Jack D'Or is dope. The Doesjel is supposed to be flat, its an unblended young lambic.
The Jack D'Or had this huge lemon character to it that didn't seem to be mentioned as such a big factor in other batches. I enjoyed it, but didn't think it was all that stellar for a saison, and it certainly lacked the dryness and funk I usually dig. My presumption is that batches of this one have a lot of variance. While Doesjel may well be intended to be flat, it did make me realise how much carbonation brings to a beer. Put even a few bubbles in this and it would be right up there with some of my favourite lambics, but as it was I felt like I was drinking funky lemonade.

I can't believe Eric didn't mention what we paired these beers with: http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/
I had the Pannepot Wild on saturday, it was pretty wacky. The Cuvee de Jacobins that Ommegang Rouge is based on was something special too. Man too many good beers! I thought the same thing about the Doesjel, I liked it but a bit of carbonation makes it for me I think

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Ommegang Rouge is a beer that pulls me different ways (good and bad) at different times. I would imagine it is more 'polite' than the Belgian ale it is based on, but definitely has a little great weird off-beat character.
In Beerum Veritas

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Discovered a bottle of Smuttynose Pumpkin hiding in the back of my fridge (I think this was courtesy of Sprague), not quite the season but still quite delicious with a couple biscotti. Great Pumpkin spice flavours despite it being 2 months past the best before
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

carguy

Post by carguy »

Gouden Carolus Hopsinjoor

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

After a self imposed exile from fine beers that I like too much I just cracked open an Orval with a brew date of 22.07.2004 and expiry of 22.07.2009.
This beer is NOT expired. Fantastic Belgian lacing and serious horse blanket aroma. The hop flavour is gone though that is for sure.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Gravity Cask Sgt Major's IPA, a good bitter.
In Beerum Veritas

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

A 50/50 blend of McEwan's Scotch Ale and, what must be the last of Steelback Dark on the shelves. Superb. The smoky notes of the Scotch ale meld perfectly with the malty but light notes of the Steelback.

Gary
Gary Gillman

bartle

Post by bartle »

Founders Centennial IPA
Dark Horse Crooked Tree I.P.A.
enjoi

teichertbier

Post by teichertbier »

Black Oak Pale Ale
Black Oak Ten Bitter Years
Dark Horse Crooked Tree
Bells Oberon

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Magners Cider

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Ommegeddon. ("It was a full moon over memphis...")
In Beerum Veritas

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Fuller's London Pride and Porter. Excellent, tasty, and affordable session beers. Great fall backs when there's nothing new or interesting at my local LCBO.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

carguy

Post by carguy »

Stonehammer Maple Red Ale

Just in case anyone is interested, I was in F&M brewery today, and they only have a few cases of the stout left and won't be brewing another batch until fall, so if you like it, best to go and get some soon.

notdan

Post by notdan »

Microbrasserie de l'ile d'Orleans - Jean Dit Laforge (chocolate & vanilla imperial stout)

... really good.