Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

wittaker wrote:GLB Crazy Canuck
Brasseur du Montreal Coeur Brise
Rogue Northwestern Ale

It might be the beer talking, but I want to see the Refreshmutts attack the Cheetah Energy Drink goalie.
What have you got against D'Angelo? If it keeps him from brewing beer or the daughters of colleagues I say more power to him!

Noble Pils tonight

Lamber

Post by Lamber »

sprague11 wrote:
Rogue Northwestern Ale

It might be the beer talking, but I want to see the Refreshmutts attack the Cheetah Energy Drink goalie.
What have you got against D'Angelo? If it keeps him from brewing beer or the daughters of colleagues I say more power to him!

Noble Pils tonight
In every commercial I see him in he just comes across as someone I couldn't trust.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Lamber wrote:In every commercial I see him in he just comes across as someone I couldn't trust.
Reminds me of a jittery, nervous, recovering alcoholic/junkie that is on the brink of a backslide.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Andechser Doppelbock Dunkel, bottled early May - I might just be in beer heaven (why buy anything else while I'm here :D )
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Lamber wrote:
sprague11 wrote:
Rogue Northwestern Ale

Noble Pils tonight
In every commercial I see him in he just comes across as someone I couldn't trust.
Should do a search on him and look at some of the other threads on him here.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Andechs Dunkeles - also amazing, not as deeply sweet as Doppel, has more hop dryness and more, how you say, lager 'edge.'
Andechs Bergbock Heller Bock - holy cow, what a big fat tasty pale lager. Freaking tasty.

You know what, here the cheapest bargain supermarket beers are about 40 cents Euro per 50 cl bottle. I think it's worth splurging 90-110 cents Euro for the good stuff, because you only liver once.
In Beerum Veritas

The Great Gatsby

Post by The Great Gatsby »

Belgian wrote:Andechser Doppelbock Dunkel, bottled early May - I might just be in beer heaven (why buy anything else while I'm here :D )
I tried this in January and loved it. A great doppelbock. Where did you try it?

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Drinking a le trapp trippel. Its a fine beer. Not the best I have ever had, but a nice addition to the lcbo.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Scotch Irish Corporal's Bitter Brown Ale

I've really enjoyed this beer since first having it about 2 or 3 years ago. I've seen posts saying that it isn't as good as it used to be. Wow, wonder what I missed. I'm also wondering if this will be my last one given the uncertain future of the SI/Heritage brands.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

just killed a keg of our quad... i'm tempted to throw another in its place, but think i'll mix it up with something lighter - our landlord clone.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

First Draft Campus Ale at the Judge. Pretty boring. They also had their Smoked Jalapeno Bock(?) - but I'm not a fan of either smoke or spiciness in my beers so I didn't try it.

About 5-7 taps at the Judge sat empty, and sadly it was a disappointing visit as a result.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

The Great Gatsby wrote:
Belgian wrote:Andechser Doppelbock Dunkel, bottled early May - I might just be in beer heaven (why buy anything else while I'm here :D )
I tried this in January and loved it. A great doppelbock. Where did you try it?
I'm in Hamburg Germany (Volksdorf) and the grocery store 10 minutes' walk away has very fresh Andechser beers. 4 kinds.

Now having Riedenburger UrWeizen, very good but the Riedenburger WeizenBock I had before dinner was just spectacular.
In Beerum Veritas

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Garrison Hopyard. Great stuff.

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

Last night finished my growler of Mill Street Black Watch Scotch Ale.

Tonight it's St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Bear Republic Racer 5.