Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Troegs Flying Mouflan

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Hophead Black DIPA... a tough act to follow, so I went with an Old Rasputin (about 18 months in the cellar). Great stuff!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Over the last couple nights:

Tree Raspberry Porter
Schneider-Brooklyner Hopfen-Weisse
Tree Captivator Doppelbock
BrewDog Punk IPA
Mikkeller Frelser
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

JeffPorter wrote:Feeling like a sausage, so quiet dinner at Wvrst w/ a Sawdust Alt...
Sorry you feel that way!

Had to have a Mad Tom, and will be heading to either Bellwoods Brewery or Only Cafe, depending on where the forces of nature lead me... anybody else a-headin' somewheres?
In Beerum Veritas

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Crazy Canuck

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

My first Pugnacious Pale Ale. It's not bad but not that good either. If I'm going to spend close to $4 a bottle I'll stick with Curmudgeon IPA or even better Plowman at $3.25.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Belgian wrote:anybody else a-headin' somewheres?
Just got in from Tequila Bookworm, where I had back to back saisons (not often you can say you've gone to a Toronto bar and had two different Ontario brewed saisons on draught in a row), those being Bellwoods Farmhouse Saison and Beau's/Trou du Diable Fous Allies Mango Saison. Both were in fine form, though served too cold. I think I preferred the Bellwoods, but certainly wouldn't hesitate to drink the Beau's/Trou again.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Had a bottle of Thornbridge South Pacific when I got home from work today. The pineapple and gooseberry (!!!) hop flavours are totally off the chain. Love it. Can't wait to crack Schneider Mein Nelson Sauvin and see how that goes in a hefe.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

velovampire wrote:Just got in from Tequila Bookworm, Bellwoods Farmhouse Saison and Beau's/Trou du Diable Fous Allies Mango Saison.
Wow wish I'd gone there. Bellwoods appeared hopelessly packed with a line up to the sidewalk, even though outside patio tables appeared very sparsely used. Place is kinda small...
In Beerum Veritas

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Simple Malt Matraque (ew....)
Glutenberg American Pale Ale (hot hoppy enough, but still impressive for a no-gluten beer)
Souther Tier Choklat (there ya gooo..)

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

In Lima, Peru. Nothing remotely craft here. Drank a Cusquena Malta. Guh-ross. Not because it's macro, beacause it tastes like straight malt extract.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

Unibroue Ephemere Pomme
2011 St. Bernardus Abt 12

Streets

Post by Streets »

Belgian wrote:anybody else a-headin' somewheres?
Ran down to the Judge for a quick one and had a Wellington Arkell on cask. After all of the bold IPAs I've been drinking lately it took a few sips to become attuned to the more subtle cask session bitter, but by the end I was really enjoying it.

Looks like it's going to be a rainy weekend, but on the next nice day I'm planning to hit the Judge again to try the Grand River Blackberry Wheat that recently arrived. BTW, does anyone know if this is available in bottles at the brewery yet?

I also had a Hopfen-Weisse? (the schneider/brooklyn collaboration) this week split over 2 evenings, and I'm glad I only bought 1 of those.

BTW, has anyone tried the Schneider Mein Nelson Sauvin yet? I grabbed a bottle last week but still haven't cracked it yet.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Streets wrote:
I also had a Hopfen-Weisse? (the schneider/brooklyn collaboration) this week split over 2 evenings, and I'm glad I only bought 1 of those.
What did you dislike about it?

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Leelanau Whaleback White
Beau's/Trou du Diable Saison