Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

thelynchfella

Post by thelynchfella »

Belgian wrote:
Bobsy wrote: Those Bernardus beers are the shit - I`d put the 12 over Westvleteren any day.
They are not bad! The Wit can be incredible. I have some St Bernie 12 from 2005, so it's prime drinking right now.

I'd have to say the Westy I tried at Volo was simply a different beer. I don't see the relationship very much.
As much as i like the wit, I just wish i could get more corriander from it.

acromion23

Post by acromion23 »

thelynchfella wrote:
acromion23 wrote:Just had a Rochefort 8. Have to say, I was underwhelmed. My kingdom for an Orval!
I'd be a fan of rochefort 8, when i lived in Belgium it was a regular purchase of mine....Orval though is a fantastic beer and without doubt one of the nicest beers i've tasted!

Lived in Belgium, eh? Is it as wonderful as my imagination says it is? (Think Homer in chocolate land).

We had Orval here a while back. If I would have known it was limited, I would have stocked up a ridiculous amount.
かんぱい。

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Williams Sir Perry

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Schneider Organic Weisse
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

thelynchfella

Post by thelynchfella »

acromion23 wrote:
thelynchfella wrote:
acromion23 wrote:Just had a Rochefort 8. Have to say, I was underwhelmed. My kingdom for an Orval!
I'd be a fan of rochefort 8, when i lived in Belgium it was a regular purchase of mine....Orval though is a fantastic beer and without doubt one of the nicest beers i've tasted!

Lived in Belgium, eh? Is it as wonderful as my imagination says it is? (Think Homer in chocolate land).

We had Orval here a while back. If I would have known it was limited, I would have stocked up a ridiculous amount.
my girlfriend at the time was belgian and we lived between ireland and belgium...Yeah i love the place. Particularily the flemish parts like brugge. Like something from a movie, old medievil city with lots of canals going through it, beautiful! Oh and not forgetting the choice of beer....i doubt it if i tried 1% of the beer available there, amazing the amount of breweries considering the small size and population of the country

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

thelynchfella wrote: my girlfriend at the time was belgian and we lived between ireland and belgium...Yeah i love the place. Particularily the flemish parts like brugge. Like something from a movie, old medievil city with lots of canals going through it, beautiful! Oh and not forgetting the choice of beer....i doubt it if i tried 1% of the beer available there, amazing the amount of breweries considering the small size and population of the country
Lynch,

Tell me please that you've seen In Bruges?

Ken: Ray, you are about the worst tourist in the whole world.
Ray: Ken, I grew up in Dublin. I love Dublin. If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't.

There are a lot of alcoves in the Astridpark.
Was he going on about the fuckin' alcoves with you too?

One gay beer for my gay friend, one normal beer for me because I am normal.

thelynchfella

Post by thelynchfella »

biegaman wrote:
thelynchfella wrote: my girlfriend at the time was belgian and we lived between ireland and belgium...Yeah i love the place. Particularily the flemish parts like brugge. Like something from a movie, old medievil city with lots of canals going through it, beautiful! Oh and not forgetting the choice of beer....i doubt it if i tried 1% of the beer available there, amazing the amount of breweries considering the small size and population of the country
Lynch,

Tell me please that you've seen In Bruges?

Ken: Ray, you are about the worst tourist in the whole world.
Ray: Ken, I grew up in Dublin. I love Dublin. If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't.

There are a lot of alcoves in the Astridpark.
Was he going on about the fuckin' alcoves with you too?

One gay beer for my gay friend, one normal beer for me because I am normal.
yeah loved it, one of the reasons i wanted to go there. And the place is just like it is in the film, except for the the odd burgervan which is a bit of an eyesore if i'm honest. Some classic lines in the film so there were!!!lol!!

Also the line about the gay beer if pretty much what most irish fellas think about belgian beer sadly....if it isnt a pint of yellow fizzy c**p, Magners/Bulmers, or Guinness people generally dont want to know, and look at you weird if you drink a beer in what looks like a wine glass.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

mintjellie wrote:Williams Sir Perry

How'd ya lime them.....uhhhhh.....pears?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

thelynchfella wrote: Also the line about the gay beer if pretty much what most irish fellas think about belgian beer sadly..
The only thing to do is call them beertards & start a big drunken Irish fight.
In Beerum Veritas

acromion23

Post by acromion23 »

Beertards, eh?

Thank you, Belgian, you have enriched my vocabulary. I'm going to be using this one a lot...
かんぱい。

carguy

Post by carguy »

Garrison Imperial Pale Ale

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

carguy wrote:Garrison Imperial Pale Ale

A great beer. Beats the hell out of the maple!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

carguy wrote:Garrison Imperial Pale Ale
try a side by side with the 10 bitter years

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

an '05 rochefort 8

notdan

Post by notdan »

Meantime Coffee. I like this more than the Chocolate. Though I tend to prefer coffee stouts to chocolate stouts, so... yeah. Good beer though.