Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Just knocked back the last of a Trois Pistoles bomber so I don't leave a wounded soldier. Bed is definitely calling now.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

icemachine wrote:Just knocked back the last of a Trois Pistoles bomber so I don't leave a wounded soldier. Bed is definitely calling now.
That's the spirit! We all go home or nobody goes home.

notdan

Post by notdan »

Aventinus. One of my all-time favourites. So grateful that we get such a good deal on this one.

heebes

Post by heebes »

Lagunitas IPA

A more malt forward IPA, something different for me from the usual hop-bombs.

carguy

Post by carguy »

Lucky for me, it is my day off. The wintery weather inspired me to dig into the cellar and do a Quad day, to keep me warm between bouts of shoveling snow. Luckily, I have a fairly good stock in the cellar. I had....

St Bernardus Abt 12
Rochefort 10
Dieu de Ciel Rigor Mortis Abt
Koningshoeven Quadrupel

Tough to pick a favorite, but the Rigor Mortis, which I have always really enjoyed, seemed a bit rough around the edges when drunk in a flight with the trappist beers, something I'd never done before.

A good beer day, all in all!

BooBoo

Post by BooBoo »

I've got a bulged disc in my low back so I have been self medicating the last couple of days. Today my medication of choice is Orval.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. "

-Ernest Hemingway

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Drinking a Bombay Pale ale. Quite nice if a bit pricey
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

gordmit

Post by gordmit »

Just finished a bottle of grand river imperial stout I picked up on my walk home from work--I'm not much of a stout drinker...yet it is still lingering pleasantly in my head. I had one of their beers on tap at my local (Chauncy's) last week after an ultimate game, can't quite remember what it was - it was not Galt Knife, was darker...under 4% and soooo satisfying I almost fell off my bar stool. I live in London with family in Toronto - I will try to make Grand River in Cambridge my half-way pit stop next time around. Have visited Great Lakes and Black Oak on a recent visit to TO, so many craft breweries in Southern Ontario, so little time....we are a very lucky generation--thank you to all in the craft beer industry who continue to make every season in Ontario simply awesome.
Gord

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

gordmit wrote:Just finished a bottle of grand river imperial stout I picked up on my walk home from work--I'm not much of a stout drinker...yet it is still lingering pleasantly in my head. I had one of their beers on tap at my local (Chauncy's) last week after an ultimate game, can't quite remember what it was - it was not Galt Knife, was darker...under 4% and soooo satisfying I almost fell off my bar stool. I live in London with family in Toronto - I will try to make Grand River in Cambridge my half-way pit stop next time around. Have visited Great Lakes and Black Oak on a recent visit to TO, so many craft breweries in Southern Ontario, so little time....we are a very lucky generation--thank you to all in the craft beer industry who continue to make every season in Ontario simply awesome.
probably the Mill Race Mild, its a great session beer

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

2011 Grand River Curmudgeon IPA

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

matt7215 wrote:2011 Grand River Curmudgeon IPA
Does that mean it's for sale at the brewery?? I'll have to get the girlfriend to swing by on her way home if that's the case! Haven't had the chance to try it previously.

That's assuming I can heal enough to dig out her car for a second time after the prick next door buried it all over again while shoveling the sidewalk. Going to need a big beer to get over that rage-inducing moment! Think I'll crack open the Baltic Porter from the Garrison release. It'll be my first beer in a week thanks to an awful cold.

gordmit

Post by gordmit »

probably the Mill Race Mild, its a great session beer[/quote]

I believe you are correct Matt.
Gord

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Last night at Gambrinus B & C:

FM Smashbizzle
Unibroue Maudizzle
Black Oak Nut Criazacker

Fo' realz yo.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Cale wrote:
matt7215 wrote:2011 Grand River Curmudgeon IPA
Does that mean it's for sale at the brewery?? I'll have to get the girlfriend to swing by on her way home if that's the case! Haven't had the chance to try it previously.

That's assuming I can heal enough to dig out her car for a second time after the prick next door buried it all over again while shoveling the sidewalk. Going to need a big beer to get over that rage-inducing moment! Think I'll crack open the Baltic Porter from the Garrison release. It'll be my first beer in a week thanks to an awful cold.
yes the 2011 Curmudgeon is now availible at the brewery and soon to be in an lcbo near you.

just pm me the LCBO store # that you want to list curmudgeon and ill do my best to make it happen

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Last night at C'est What: Black Oak DubChocCherry Stout (draught), Grand River Curmudgeon (cask), Flying Monkeys Netherworld (draught). All in fine form. I get a bit more sour cherry in this year's stout. This year's Curmudge seems a shade darker to my memory, and with perhaps a firmer hop presence. The Netherworld, as always, is a joy.

Today, mint tea, ginger tea, tea with lemon, water, trying to battle this cold.