Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Pints (multiple) of Cameron's RPA at The Only - certainly among the best IPAs in the province. Please, please make this a regularly available beer. Signed, all good beer loving folk.

Streets

Post by Streets »

Just had a pint of Black Oak Nut Brown on tap at the Judge, and am trying to decide between a bottle of Cameron's RPA, can of Denision Weiss, or the second half of my last bottle of 10BY at home...

EDIT:

10BY it is!

munrets

Post by munrets »

Tempest - yup, pretty good. (File the following under First-World problems: that waxed cap took some effort to get off...)

Which is kind of nice since I've had a few disappointing drain pours lately including Dogfather (some weird sour cherryness going on), Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple (tasted like some sort of liquid plastic) and, don't faint, Supplication. I knew I wasn't into sours but wow, this was way beyond me...

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

munrets wrote:Tempest - yup, pretty good. (File the following under First-World problems: that waxed cap took some effort to get off...)

Which is kind of nice since I've had a few disappointing drain pours lately including Dogfather (some weird sour cherryness going on), Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple (tasted like some sort of liquid plastic) and, don't faint, Supplication. I knew I wasn't into sours but wow, this was way beyond me...
I'm saving Tempest for the weekend, and compare with last year's.

I can't drink both of them myself, so I told my wife she'd have to do a "vertical" with me on Saturday.

She gave me a pretty suspicious look. :P
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Tempest!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

munrets wrote:Tempest - yup, pretty good. (File the following under First-World problems: that waxed cap took some effort to get off...)
It's way tasty, and will probably smooth out more with a year or two on it. I'm glad I grabbed a bunch. They also comped me a bottle of last year's Tempest that had been aged in oak.

The wax is easily dealt with - I cut the wax all around just under the cap with a knife (could use the capsule cutter on a wine opener) and then I peel the wax clean off the cap, making it much easier and cleaner to pry off.
In Beerum Veritas

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Mad Tom@Kickoff - Excellent as always.
Hops and Robbers@Kickoff

And earlier @home:
Black Oak Nutcracker Porter FABULOUS! Gotta be one of the most under rated Ont beers.
Huma Lupa Licous
Two Hearted
Bell's Harvest Ale.

Happy Birthday Bearing!!
We're off to Ottawa tomorrow for an extra long weekend!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

FFF Robert the Bruce.

Yet another example of how FFF is one of the best breweries out there.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Lake of Bays 10 Point

i like this beer but at $9/750ml bottle I will not re-purchase

maybe price is why there is still tons of the porter all ove the province

i hope LOB does well and i enjoy everthing they have put out but the pricing on their seasonals is terrible

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

matt7215 wrote:... I hope LOB does well and i enjoy everthing they have put out but the pricing on their seasonals is terrible
Agree they make a really nice porter which I only drink on draught - the price seems normal, while bottles are priced a bit too steep (even compared to Rogue.)
In Beerum Veritas

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

having a Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen now love this stuff @ $3.25/500ml

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

1000th post! :D

Last night at Melt Bar & Grilled in Cleveland (Lakewood), Ohio:

Buckeye Cleveland IPA (draught)
Victory Throwback Lager (draught)
21st Amendment Back in Black IPA (can)
Heavy Seas Loose Cannon - American Hop3 Ale (bottle)

All used to wash down an outrageous peanut butter, banana, jelly and grilled cream cheese sammich.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Howe Sound Total Eclipse of the Hop

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

matt7215 wrote:Howe Sound Total Eclipse of the Hop
How is it? I have yet to open my bottle...

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
matt7215 wrote:Howe Sound Total Eclipse of the Hop
How is it? I have yet to open my bottle...
from rb:

1L bottle from a private order organized by walter, thx man! deep orange thick frothy tan head, lovely. steeped crystal malt, iced tea, american barley wine nose. the flavour is deep and complex, the finish is long and dry. pretty good, not worth $12.50