Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Last night I had a Dogfish Head White Squall. A very nice DIPA that was unfiltered.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

lagerale wrote:Last night I had a Dogfish Head White Squall. A very nice DIPA that was unfiltered.
My favourite DFH beer! A dry-hopped, unfiltered version of the 90 min.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

kwjd wrote:
lagerale wrote:Last night I had a Dogfish Head White Squall. A very nice DIPA that was unfiltered.
My favourite DFH beer! A dry-hopped, unfiltered version of the 90 min.
I had never heard of this, but when I saw it in the store (Total Wine), I had to try it. Funny, the lady at the cash, proobably around 55, gave it two thumbs up. The staff are given tastings every so often to get familiar with their products.

I think I'll buy a few more tonight.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Brought a friend to Duggans for a few 16 ouncers. Asian Lager and wings both well-received, and I also tried the new Heller Bock of some kind, which was strongly alcoholic and I think would age well in bottles. Love that place!
In Beerum Veritas

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

I'm having a bottle of matt7215's Amber Ale with red wine yeast and Brett B. This has mad funk to it! It's like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, P-Funk and the Ohio Players are having a party in my mouth!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

phirleh wrote: It's like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, P-Funk and the Ohio Players are having a party in my mouth!
That's not something I want to picture.
In Beerum Veritas

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

phirleh wrote:I'm having a bottle of matt7215's Amber Ale with red wine yeast and Brett B. This has mad funk to it! It's like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, P-Funk and the Ohio Players are having a party in my mouth!
I've had the pleasure of having a couple of Matt's beers, and I've been really impressed. I particularly liked the Belgian session ale, and I'm looking forward to the brett innoculated one. We have some fantastic home brewers in this province who put most of our breweries to shame, and it begs the question of why can these guys make good stuff at home, but a lot of the pros can't in a brewery?

What I'm drinking - not beer. Two and a half days down, forty three and a half to go.

(sigh)

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Belgian wrote:
phirleh wrote: It's like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, P-Funk and the Ohio Players are having a party in my mouth!
That's not something I want to picture.
True, but its from a purly "musical" perspective! I'm currently reading the Anthony Kiedis bio Scar Tissue, so I got some funk on the brain. The beer though, has a great Orval flavour to it. I've never tried any other beers that used Brett B, but that's one of the things that gives Orval its "love it or hate it" taste (I for one love it)
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

thanks for the kind words guys! glad youve enjoyed the brews.

right now im enjoying and aventinus

teichertbier

Post by teichertbier »

had some excellent Michigan beers last night: Kuhnhenn Raspberry Eisbock, Kuhnhenn Tenacious Cassis and Jolly Pumpkin La Roja.

today its just homebrew ipa... maybe some Brooklyn BCS later on.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

matt7215 wrote: right now im enjoying and aventinus
an i'm enjoying and Weihenstephaner Dunkel!

earlier - opened a few bottles 4-year-old Trois Pistoles, people felt it was rounder and smoother tnan the fresh sample. That beer rocks.
In Beerum Veritas

notdan

Post by notdan »

Thanks to my trip to Vermont, I'm enjoying some hoppy goodness tonight...

- Stone Ruination IPA (amazing IPA, was surprised to realise it's 7.7%)
- Dogfish Head India Brown Ale (tastes like Corporal's Bitter Brown... but a bit better)
- Southern Tier Unearthly IIPA (haven't had too many imperial IPAs, so I can't speak from a ton of experience, but I'm really liking this one)

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

-Brewdog Storm: A rare misfire. Sometimes whiskey cask aging doesn't work. This is one of those times.
-Raasted Grillol: A nice, well balanced APA from this Danish brewer.
-Raasted Imperial Stout: Complex and massively bitter.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Last night I enjoyed some:
Brooklyn-schneider-hopfen-weisse
Brooklyn Monster
Lagunitas Hop Stoopid

TJ

Post by TJ »

So far....

3F Robert The Bruce
Black Oak Double Chocolate Cherry Stout
Dale's Pale Ale