Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

viggo wrote:Trying to kill this keg of unintentially Brett infected dubbel, to making way for the quad. Just tapped a barleywine too.
It wasn't bad considering it was infected. Were it not for this stupid lent thing I'd be over there with a growler.

bartle

Post by bartle »

Derek wrote:I had fish & chips from High Street, so I wanted something light & pale.

I went for my last Hop Nouveau... and it's still quite drinkable!
Still tasting "nouveau" ?

Bell's Two Hearted.

Thanks Mike!!! You were right... the colour is pretty spot on, except mine is all cloudy.

Oh, I love this beer.

Viggo, Sour dubbel? I had a pretty stale Westmalle dubbel last night. Makes me worry about the one I have cellared right now.
enjoi

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

bartle wrote:
Derek wrote:I had fish & chips from High Street, so I wanted something light & pale.

Bell's Two Hearted.

Thanks Mike!!! You were right... the colour is pretty spot on, except mine is all cloudy.

Oh, I love this beer.

Viggo, Sour dubbel? I had a pretty stale Westmalle dubbel last night. Makes me worry about the one I have cellared right now.
bret doesnt make beer sour

i think a bret infected dubbel could be quite delish! how much did it dry it out viggo? do you know what bret strain it was?

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

matt7215 wrote:
bartle wrote:

Bell's Two Hearted.

Oh, I love this beer.

bret doesnt make beer sour

i think a bret infected dubbel could be quite delish! how much did it dry it out viggo? do you know what bret strain it was?
I dig it but 5 gallons is a lot. I prefer our dubbel non infected but what can you do sometimes. It's pretty dry. I'm guessing Brett B

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

Having a couple Fuller's ESBs followed by a Rogue Brutal Bitter.

I think I might like the BB better. I must admit I like the added carbonation and the citrus from the hops in the BB. Probably less authentic but FACK is it good!!

Still LOVE the Fuller's, and you can't beat the price.

carguy

Post by carguy »

Rogue Brutal Bitter. This should be a regular listing, not just a seasonal.

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

carguy wrote:Rogue Brutal Bitter. This should be a regular listing, not just a seasonal.
Yeah I think it'd do really well.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Last night at C'est: Durham Hop Head (as good as ever - love that beer); Durham Blak Katt (wish this was more widely available in pubs, I really, really like this stout); cask Hoptical Illusion (pretty solid in the bottle, absolutely gorgeous on cask - I WILL have this again, assuming it reappears), and Black Oak DoubChocCherryStout (an ok pint, but not at its best). Y'all non-C'est-boycotters need to get down there and try out the cask Hoptical. So nice.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

velovampire wrote:Last night at C'est: Durham Hop Head (as good as ever - love that beer); Durham Blak Katt (wish this was more widely available in pubs, I really, really like this stout); cask Hoptical Illusion (pretty solid in the bottle, absolutely gorgeous on cask - I WILL have this again, assuming it reappears), and Black Oak DoubChocCherryStout (an ok pint, but not at its best). Y'all non-C'est-boycotters need to get down there and try out the cask Hoptical. So nice.
Glad to see Flying Monkey's getting into cask - hopefully this is something that continues. A lot of brewers only seem to think that cask beer is for festivals!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I had my second last Brutal Bitter from last year... best before the end of the month. It's a great hop-fix when it's fresh, but with a little age the quality malts peek through. Great stuff.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'm dumping a Baltika 6 Porter into the saucepan to braise some great Indian spiced sausages. Along w/ leftover Affligem Dubbel and Carib Royal Stout. Should be great!
In Beerum Veritas

bartle

Post by bartle »

Belgian wrote:I'm dumping a Baltika 6 Porter into the saucepan to braise some great Indian spiced sausages. Along w/ leftover Affligem Dubbel and Carib Royal Stout. Should be great!
mr. money bags! enjoy the priceless taste! :lol:
enjoi

WilliamEstevan

Post by WilliamEstevan »

Arcadia IPA an hour or so ago, a Brew Dog Punk IPA now and I may finish off with a Smuttynose IPA or, if I'm feeling ambitious, a Yellow Snow.

I'm anticipating some hops will start budding on me anytime now; I'm okay with this. Fair warning, London residents, I may go clean out a good portion of Bradley's Brew Dog tomorrow... I don't know why the heck I didn't try it earlier!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

WilliamEstevan wrote:Arcadia IPA an hour or so ago, a Brew Dog Punk IPA now and I may finish off with a Smuttynose IPA or, if I'm feeling ambitious, a Yellow Snow.

I'm anticipating some hops will start budding on me anytime now; I'm okay with this. Fair warning, London residents, I may go clean out a good portion of Bradley's Brew Dog tomorrow... I don't know why the heck I didn't try it earlier!

Lots of Punk IPA in the fridge at Bradley a couple days ago. Also John By was there in hordes.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Ceaser
Maclay's
Welly RIS - need to get down to the brewery soon since I'm down to my last can now
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole