Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

At Birreria Volo:
Oud Beersel Oude Geuze (draft)
Left Field Greenwood - Vermont Style IPA (draft)
Hair Of The Dog 2017 Doggie Claws (draft)

Over the week at home:
Driftwood Blackstone Porter
Halo Creative Differences
Halo Event Horizon
Halo Shapeshifter
Black Oak Nox Aeterna
Great Lakes & Jordan St. John Working Backwards
Halo RGBee
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Happy hump day!

GLB 25th Anniversary Bourbon Barrel aged RIS - full-flavored with round and spicy oak notes
Oude Beersel Gueuze - snagged a few more before they completely vanished, very good.
Goudenband 2012 - hope to see it back
Founders CBS - brilliant
Founders Backwoods - ditto
In Beerum Veritas

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Barncat's Bastet- a sour/funky beauty. Lychee,citrus,green grape and pawpaw flavours dominate, sour and dry st the same time. Kind of a really good cider-like tartness to it. This was nice fresh but with 6ish?? Months of age on it she's really come into her own. Extremely quaffable with some big oaky notes in the finish. Sorry to see my last bottle go
So damn quickly.(oh well, pulp in the next week or two hopefully)

Afterwards Cameron's 12 mile India pale
Lager. I'm not gonna lie, I really like it. Pours like your everyday lager, but then it's almost all IPA/ISA from there. Pineapple, honeydew, pink grapefruit flavours dominate. Bitterness is
Mininmal, which would really make this a fantastic session beer. Wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I am. Not saying it's anything spectacular, but much more solid than the rest of their core line up.
Cameron's is really a bit of a juxtaposition for me. The RPA used to be my favourite everyday beer, and they also had some other good stuff, rogenbier,doppelbock etc. Then they seems to
Just drop into mediocrity. The last year or so, they came out with the Buffalo...and early bird barleywines amoung others, which were pretty damn good . It's
Just strange to me, that their stuff is either really good, or pretty bad(as far as craft brewing is concerned). I don't get what they want to be

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Belgian wrote:Happy hump day!

GLB 25th Anniversary Bourbon Barrel aged RIS - full-flavored with round and spicy oak notes
Oude Beersel Gueuze - snagged a few more before they completely vanished, very good.
Goudenband 2012 - hope to see it back
Founders CBS - brilliant
Founders Backwoods - ditto

Im yet to find a founders beer I don't like
Although, to tell the truth, I doubt I'd like the cbs as it sounds far too sweet for me.
I hope the LC keeps bringing in more stuff

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

cbs is not that sweet.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Barncat's Bastet- a sour/funky beauty. Lychee,citrus,green grape and pawpaw flavours dominate, sour and dry st the same time. Kind of a really good cider-like tartness to it. This was nice fresh but with 6ish?? Months of age on it she's really come into her own. Extremely quaffable with some big oaky notes in the finish. Sorry to see my last bottle go
So damn quickly.(oh well, pulp in the next week or two hopefully)

Afterwards Cameron's 12 mile India pale
Lager. I'm not gonna lie, I really like it. Pours like your everyday lager, but then it's almost all IPA/ISA from there. Pineapple, honeydew, pink grapefruit flavours dominate. Bitterness is
Mininmal, which would really make this a fantastic session beer. Wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I am. Not saying it's anything spectacular, but much more solid than the rest of their core line up.
Cameron's is really a bit of a juxtaposition for me. The RPA used to be my favourite everyday beer, and they also had some other good stuff, rogenbier,doppelbock etc. Then they seems to
Just drop into mediocrity. The last year or so, they came out with the Buffalo...and early bird barleywines amoung others, which were pretty damn good . It's
Just strange to me, that their stuff is either really good, or pretty bad(as far as craft brewing is concerned). I don't get what they want to be
I feel pretty much the same way. They make some excellent one-offs and seasonal beers, but their core lineup is mediocre at best. RPA was also one of my favourite go-to beers, yet for some reason they won't even release it seasonally. I actually emailed them about it, but got some lame canned response about trying 12 Mile IPL. I still buy their mix packs for whatever reason, wasn't too impressed with the latest one though. Dark & Sticky was decent but a bit watery, same with Black Forest; not bad but a bit watery.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Enjoying Godspeed Biere de Soif Lager and Sumi Foreign Stout. Nice brews, both insistently dry but each with nice individual character. The Lager has subtle fruit and sweet grassy herbals, and the Stout has chocolate and mineral.
In Beerum Veritas

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Amager Brygus Tulsa Twister

I can't make much of a comment. It's labelled as a Farmhouse Saison and, quite frankly, that just isn't a favourite style of mine. Also quite frankly...I think the 8.8% alc is getting to me. 8)

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

S. St. Jeb wrote:Amager Brygus Tulsa Twister
I notice this seems to be around several stores now. It was part of the spring 2017 release. I wonder if it's a new batch?

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

At Milos' Craft Beer Emporium:
Redline Clutch (draft)
Black Swan Electric Fireplace (draft)

At Storm Stayed Brewing:
Storm Stayed Sunburst NEPA (draft)

At a wedding in London:
Anderson Craft Ales Anderson IPA (can)

At Fuel Woodfire Grill:
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA (bottle)
Bell's Hopslam Ale (draft)

At home:
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
Bell's Two Hearted Ale
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Godspeed Pitch & Pray Series Dortmunder x 2. It really is good.
In Beerum Veritas

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

Cork and caged bottle of St. Bernardus 12.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Over the last few weeks...

J Wakefield What About Barb (excellent!)
Cigar City Beior le Caife
Aphrodite's Rock London Porter (Beermail from Cyprus!!!)
J Wakefield Careless Witbeer
Septem 8th Day IPA (surprisingly decent)
Founders CBS (Loved it. Glad I bought a bunch)
Burdock ERO II (Excellent stuff... Wish I bought more than I did)
Ribstone Creek Lone Bison IPA
Bellwoods Barn Owl 9
Noctem Catnip IPA (Not quite Boreale Nord Est, but not too far away IMHO)
J Wakefield 2nd Breakfast (excellent!)
Swamp Head Midnight Oil Stout
Bellwoods Blood Orange Jelly King

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Coronaeus wrote:J Wakefield What About Barb (excellent!)
Were you recently in Miami? If so, would love to hear your thoughts on good local beer spots, as I'm heading there in early March. If not, ignore my comment! :lol:

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

cratez wrote:
Coronaeus wrote:J Wakefield What About Barb (excellent!)
Were you recently in Miami? If so, would love to hear your thoughts on good local beer spots, as I'm heading there in early March. If not, ignore my comment! :lol:
Sorry no. This was from a trade partner who splits time between Miami and Buffalo. He (like everyone) said J Wakefield is a great spot with great beer. Swamp Head is one he threw in as an extra. I thought it was very good. Don’t know about the brewery though.

Enjoy your trip.