Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Liberty Ale and Mad Tom while kegging an English Mild
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Hogsback Vintage Lager

It tastes like sweet apples. I don't like this at all.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Sculpin, 3 weeks from the bottling date 8)

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

2012 Parabola.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Czechvar
Westmalle Tripel
Anchor Liberty
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Domaine de la Minotiere Cidre Fermiere Bio Brut

La Trappe Quad

Alley Kat Belgian Style Quad. Found a few bottles in deepest darkest Alberta last weekend; it's not been seen around since it sold out in February. Gives the La Trappe a real run for it's money!!!

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Torontoblue wrote:Alley Kat Belgian Style Quad. Found a few bottles in deepest darkest Alberta last weekend; it's not been seen around since it sold out in February. Gives the La Trappe a real run for it's money!!!
I always see tons of it at my sister-in-laws local Coop, still haven't picked one up yet. I'm not a fan of La Trappe...

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Torontoblue wrote:Domaine de la Minotiere Cidre Fermiere Bio Brut

La Trappe Quad

Alley Kat Belgian Style Quad. Found a few bottles in deepest darkest Alberta last weekend; it's not been seen around since it sold out in February. Gives the La Trappe a real run for it's money!!!
Packed away several bottles of the Alley Kat Quad. Good to hear they are aging nicely.

Today in Strathroy for a family/friends horseshoe tournament with a keg of 50 and something yet to be revealed (my bet is on a keg of Crystal). The dirty drinking starts early.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

boney wrote:

La Trappe Quad

Packed away several bottles of the Alley Kat Quad. Good to hear they are aging nicely.

Today in Strathroy for a family/friends horseshoe tournament with a keg of 50 and something yet to be revealed (my bet is on a keg of Crystal). The dirty drinking starts early.
id drink 50 all day

jprime

Post by jprime »

At the Alchemist in Waterbury, VT to pick up some Heady Topper. Sold out. What a piss off. Off the the Prohibition Pig for lunch where things got better in a hurry:

Hill Farmstead What Is Enlightenment
Lawsons Rye Saison
Hill Farmstead Abner
Lawsons Liquid Double Sunshine
Heady Topper
Maine Brewing Lunch

Suprising but I think the Maine Lunch was the best.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

boney wrote:

La Trappe Quad

hahah strathroy. Little Portugal. have fun.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

At a fellow homebrewer's house (Kevin, asst. brewer at Wellington) with Dutchcanuck:
Arrogant Bastard
Bells Two Hearted
Dogfish Festina Peche
Great Lakes 25th Anniversary - Barrel Aged edition - Yum!
Homebrew Farmhouse Rye Saison
Homebrew Belgian Pale - very well done
Homebrew Ginger Wit - my own creation
Homebrew Strawberry Blonde (best strawberry brew I've tried)
Homebrew Candied Ginger Saison

tonight, a Cantillon Vigneronne.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Mad adventure through Picton and Prince Edward County.

Sampled 13 wines, 4 beers, and 5 ciders. The brew pub, Lake On The Mountain Brewing Co. seemed a bit amateur and perhaps carelessly served (could be some dirty tap lines or infection?) Barley Days was closed. Norman Hardie was awesome, Waupoos Cider dispensed free samples.
In Beerum Veritas

jprime

Post by jprime »

Last night at Cambridge Brewing company for dinner:

Arquebus Summer Barleywine
Banryu Ichi - a beer sake hybrid
Me, My Spelt and Rye - saison with spelt, rye and brett made by Yvan de Baets of Brasserie De la Senne in Brussels, Belgium, Chad Yakobson of Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project in Boulder, Colorado. And Luc “Bim” LaFontaine, head brewer at Brasserie Dieu du Ciel! This beer was delicious and one of the best on the trup so far.
Hefe
Belgian IPA
ESB with Chinook on cask

Great place with great food. Both spots we were at today were fantastic, both beer and food.

Streets

Post by Streets »

Checked out the Augusta Street block party and hit the Judge for pints of wheat beer. Had the Muskoka, cheval Blanc, and a couple of grand River BlackBerrys. And since I was on my bike I had a couple of Plowman's as well. Then I handed out a few red racers and naughty neighbors to my neighbors at their backyard fire basket party, tripped over a chair and headed back home. I always endeavour to make good first impressions.