Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

iguenard wrote:I prefer The much easier-to-get GI BCBS. I found it had a light ashy astringency not present in the GI. It's good beer, just I was so hyped into it it ended up not living up to expectations.

Glad I didn't trade too much for it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not so much.

Both are great beers. To each his own.

@ Grub: I haven't had the chance to try CBS but I've heard a number of people echo your thoughts there.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Fresh bottles of Saison Dupont :D

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Torontoblue wrote:Fresh bottles of Saison Dupont :D
i wish i could say the same!!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Half Acre Double Daisy Cutter.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Bear Republic Pete's Brown... really great Amercian brown. Not too hoppy, but nicely balanced.

Finishing the night with my Buckwheat Braggot... I really like how it's aging. At first I didn't like the lack of carbonation, but now I couldn't imagine it with carbonation.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

matt7215 wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:Fresh bottles of Saison Dupont :D
i wish i could say the same!!
Got a best before date of August 2014....so I think it's fresh; it certainly tastes amazingly young, effervescent and spicy.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

DFH 60
Wellington IBA

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Fuller's Golden Pride
Cantillon Fou Foune

both at the BeerBistro. Both were stellar.

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

Flying Monkeys Hoptical Illusion....great!

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

10 bitter years at volo. I'm not super disappointed I missed out on the bottles now. Its a solid beer but not amazing.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Haven't started yet, but while playing poker tonight, it will be cans of Headstock and Mad Tom, and maybe some Gin and Juice or G&T's.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

J343MY wrote:10 bitter years at volo. I'm not super disappointed I missed out on the bottles now. Its a solid beer but not amazing.
yeah, this batch is NOT up to par with past ones. way more herbal and odd and almost no punchy PNW hops... i'd have been disappointed if i'd bought bottles.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Today with nicktbm while celebrating his birthday:

Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout
Black Oak 10 Bitter Years
Arcadia Cocoa Loco Triple Chocolate Stout
Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA

Great session!
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

2 growlers so far..

Shorts Huma Lupa Licious - fresh from Bellaire MI pub - stellar - despite 3 weeks in the growler.
Niagara College Teaching Brewery - Growler Club Special Ladywood Stout - that is a magnificent program!! Ex beer! Thank you!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

grub wrote:
J343MY wrote:10 bitter years at volo. I'm not super disappointed I missed out on the bottles now. Its a solid beer but not amazing.
yeah, this batch is NOT up to par with past ones. way more herbal and odd and almost no punchy PNW hops... i'd have been disappointed if i'd bought bottles.
Wonder if this has anything to do with the brewer switch? Was the last batch brewed while Adrian was still there, or had he already gone to GLB?

Also, it could just be clouded memory, or perhaps the recent influx of wonderful Ontario IPAs, but IMO, the first batch was AMAZING, the second was a very close second, and the third (this current batch is the third, right?) I have yet to try, but reading the comments on here and overhearing some bartender/patron banter at C'est What, I'm led to believe it's not quite up to snuff.