Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

A really good-tasting Peroni Nastro Azzurro, 2 months from canning per the best-by date.

Super-fresh, with a taste of fresh grains, cream and some noticeable European noble hops (the kind I like, not too barnyard/loamy). These cans, even within a certain age range, are never quite the same batch to batch in my estimation. Some cannings hit a superlative note and this one does. I wonder if this season's malt might be a factor.

Try it, it's stamped 07/12 R on the base.

Gary
Gary Gillman

The Great Gatsby

Post by The Great Gatsby »

2011 Harvest Ale
Dunkel Buck

Both quite nice... I'm ready for the fall and autumn beers

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball again... And Koningshoeven Triple. Great stuff.

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

The Twenty Pounder DIPA that my sister brought back today from Vancouver. Holy hopbomb, Batman!

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Hockley Stout. Delicious! Now what should the next stout I drink be? Should have brought more back from the states.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Hopworks Organic Rise-Up Red. Proof that organic doesn't have to suck.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Enjoying the last few minutes of my first 39 years with a 2009 Arcadia Imperial Stout and some dark chocolate.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

andrewrg wrote:Hockley Stout. Delicious! Now what should the next stout I drink be? Should have brought more back from the states.

Hmm..Hockley Stout...nice...

Well, I SHOULD have stopped at two bottles of Harvest Ale and I SHOULD NOT have opened a bottle of St. Ambroise Scotch Ale...

...but here we all are...me drunk...and you having to deal with me...

:oops:
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

JeffPorter wrote:
andrewrg wrote:Hockley Stout. Delicious! Now what should the next stout I drink be? Should have brought more back from the states.

Hmm..Hockley Stout...nice...

Well, I SHOULD have stopped at two bottles of Harvest Ale and I SHOULD NOT have opened a bottle of St. Ambroise Scotch Ale...

...but here we all are...me drunk...and you having to deal with me...

:oops:
Don't worry, after the Twenty Pounder I decided it would be a good idea to open the Weihenstephaner Hefe I had sitting around. Now I'm hiccuping.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I am drinking ONLY Ontario Craft Beer for the next 6 months, as a commitment to our brewing scene. I will only purchasing and consuming beer brewed in this province.

I will report on how it is going.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Wray77

Post by Wray77 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:I am drinking ONLY Ontario Craft Beer for the next 6 months, as a commitment to our brewing scene. I will only purchasing and consuming beer brewed in this province.

my condolences. fight the good fight though :)

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

SteelbackGuy wrote:I am drinking ONLY Ontario Craft Beer for the next 6 months, as a commitment to our brewing scene. I will only purchasing and consuming beer brewed in this province.

Haha, point taken...

JK

Post by JK »

Drinking a fresh can of Heady Topper purchased from the new Alchemist brewery that just opened today. Man is this stuff ever good.
As a sad note pretty much the entire town of Waterbury Vermont got flooded out due to the recent hurricane that passed through, including the Alchemist pub, they were tearing the wood flooring out as we were passing through today. I have never seen such devastation in my life.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Stone Cali-Belgique IPA

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

phirleh wrote:Enjoying the last few minutes of my first 39 years with a 2009 Arcadia Imperial Stout and some dark chocolate.
Happy Birthday!