Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Great Lakes Thrust, fresh from the brewery.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Double Trouble Hops and Robbers Pineapple IPA

Tastes more like peach than pineapple to me.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Belgian wrote:Monday:
Collective Arts BLACKBERRY, CHERRY, LEMON SOUR - very good, assertive berry fruit and the lemon gives it a little tangy depth. (Only Cafe)

Fat Tire Amber Ale, can from LCBO. Really liking this one! Nice hop profile.

Godspeed Svetly Lezak 12º, oh wow this is just in another league of complexity. Hoping Bim will bring this Czech-style beauty back next summer.

Tuesday:
2018 Fuller's Imperial Stout. Classic British style, almost fruity profile and the tamer rose petals from this bottling is even more so. They really dialed it back to feature the light roast and chocolate. It's good but kind of simple.

2017 Saint Ambroise Russian imperial Stout, holy cow this has smoke and oak, some nice depth. It is maturing insanely well. I think I prefer it to the Fullers. If you stocked up on this, you're a winner!

I had a bottle of the Fullers impy stout about a month ago....and by god was it great. Much better than the(already really good) last bottle I drank. Tastes so much like it had been BBA. I’ve got one more in the fridge that will probably get drank around Xmas time.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Belgian wrote:Monday:
Collective Arts BLACKBERRY, CHERRY, LEMON SOUR - very good, assertive berry fruit and the lemon gives it a little tangy depth. (Only Cafe)
this is REALLY good :D taste a little like Cherry Lemonade, carbonation is on high side. i'm going back to buy more :wink:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Belhaven Craft Pilsner (smoky!)
Bellhaven Twisted Thistle IPA

There's a mix pack at the LC right now, six different brews including a Scottish Ale, a Scottish Oat Stout and a Speyside Oak Aged Blonde Ale. Everything is Scottish as hell (ehh, the smoky, flat-tasting Pilsner didn't really grab me but the 90/~ Wee Heavy will probably make up for it.)
In Beerum Veritas

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Flying Monkeys Doomed Youth Post Modern IPA — This is one of the best west-coast IPA's I've had in a while, super fresh.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

At Beerlab! and Milos' Craft Beer Emporium:
Beerlab! Imaginary Force Porter (draft)
Matron Fine Beer Bobo Farmhouse Wheat (draft)
Neustadt Springs Ever Ard Dark (cask)
Granite Best Bitter Special (cask)

At some gatherings:
Storm Stayed Confluence Sour India Pale Ale
River Road One Lonely Scotch Night Scotch Ale
Storm Stayed Rolling In The DIPA

Over the week at home:
Bellwoods & The Referend Bier Blendery Nice Nice Very Nice
Indie Alehouse Memento Mori
Indie Alehouse Loki's Garden
Sleeman Golden Festbier
Weihenstephaner Vitus
Bellwoods & Oxbow Saison Pizazz
Fuller's Vintage Ale 2019
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

At Bar Hop:
Avling Vibrant Harvest Saison (draft)
Blood Brothers Love Trip IIPA (draft)

At Bar Volo:
Dieu du Ciel! Voyeur des Brumes ESB (draft)
Cascade Harvest Graff 2018 (sample)
Sonnen Hill Jive XPA (draft)
Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing IPA (draft)
Willibald Farm Three Hands DIPA (sample)

Over the week at home:
Oskar Blues Death By Coconut Irish Porter
Stone House Bavarian Lager
Powerhouse Buckley's Irish Red
Powerhouse TazMania
Great Lakes Forlorn Unicorn
Bench Short Hills East Coast IPA
Great Lakes Apocalypse Later Imperial Black IPA
Bellwoods Intermodal
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

Wellington Imperial Russian Stout. Pick up a few of these every now and then. Rich, relatively creamy texture and very smooth. I really like this one.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Beer Empties
Herald Haus Abandoned At the Altar - more acidic than Nickel Brook's Raspberry Uber but good for the money :)
Herald Haus Golden Ale
DAB Lemon Radler
Westmalle Trappist Tripel
Muskoka Harvest Ale (2019) - better than last years
Flying Monkeys Paranormal Imperial Pumpkin Ale
Collective Arts IPA No. 11
Molson Fireside - surprisingly decent Schwarzbier
Hofbräu Oktoberfestbier
Mill St. Chocolate Blossom - taste like a porter with no cherry in it and it's pretty thin
Waterloo Salted Caramel Porter - another porter missing the main ingredient.. except this one I can forgive due to the price
Fullers Vintage Ale (2019) - not nearly as good as previous years
Collective Arts Blackberry, Cherry, Lemon & Vanilla Sour - taste kinda like Cherry Lemonade! :)
Omnipollo Zodiak
Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar
Bench Brewing Strawberry Grove - really enjoyed Citra Grove but this one I found a bit sweet. I like the Great Divide Strawberry Rhubarb Sour more :oops:
Henderson Export Stout - really nice :D

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Godspeed IBUSHI - no wait, I pour that can and it is shockingly dark, foamy and red. WAAT?

It's KEKKON. They mislabeled this can of the Raspberry Sour Anniversary Ale, wow its been a lucky week!
Sorry Bim, I'm gonna drink these instead of returning them. It will be fun to see if each of them are Hellers Lager or Raspberry Sour Ale...

And just to be sure, this Svetly Lezak 12° is perfectly fine, contents as described. Whoah tasty... I'm having flashbacks to the U Medvídků Budvar beer hall in Prague...

Last edited by Belgian on Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Drinking a couple Grain and Grit beers the last few days. First time I’ve had any of their beers in over a year. Wasn’t over impressed the couple times I had their stuff...up until now.

Sweater weather coconut oatmeal stout was really tasty with a nice body and just enough coconut; perfect balance.

Berry Good sour with Lactose was super juicy berry flavours, a nice sourness that rounds out in the finish with the lactose sugar kicking in. I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would and will buy it again for sure.

In the Palms is an ipa with some fruit and lactose in it...that actually still tastes like a beer. Excellent stuff.

Invisible friend pale ale just a tasty pale ale. Reminded me a lot of Canuck.

If your in The Hammer then Grain and Grit is definitely worth a stop, as I feel they have upped their game for sure in the past year. Also...with Fairweather literally around the corner, there’s no excuse.
Last edited by sofakingdrunk on Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Wellington’s Crispy Forever. Their DDH version of Helles Yeah!
Super tasty, great hopping on this beer with the Helles undertones. I’d love for Welly to make this part of their core lineup. Probably in the top 3 beers they’ve ever made.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Komes Baltic Porter

Had one left from last time it was in the LCBO which I think was a year ago. Yummy.

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

Omnipollo Prodromus. For some reason I was expecting much sweeter, but there is a bitterness here that I find very appealing.