Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

andrewrg wrote:Troegs Nugget Nectar
DFH Festina Peche
Great Divide Titan
What's the Festina like? Always wanted to try one, never was able to get my hands on it.

Streets

Post by Streets »

Last night at the Judge with Cale & Electroluminescent:

Flying Monkey's Mango Mungus
GR Plowmans

The mango was interesting, but I think I could have done with a half pint of it.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

The Festina has an incredibly peachy smell. Taste is tartness, mixed with peachy sweetness. The peachy taste is more subdued than the small. I enjoyed it, it wasn't overly sweet and had a nice amount of sour.

Today:

Bellwoods Fortune Cookie Tripel

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Finally got the nerve to open a Chocolate Rain tonight...

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Streets wrote: The mango was interesting, but I think I could have done with a half pint of it.
I am guessing from your comments that this is a fruit/veg beer and not an IPA?

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

duffs - you gotta give me your address if there's any rain left!

Ruination 10th anniversary. Remember the first time you smelled and tasted DFH 90 and the lightbulbs went off in your head? This is pretty damn close. Maltier and more palatable and interesting than Ruination (and I'm a ruination fan), the Alcohol is nowhere to be found in this one.

munrets

Post by munrets »

Bellwoods Lost River IPA - went to the bottle sale today which seemed to be well attended and picked up a bottle of each of their offerings that was being sold. Seven in total. This is a pretty good drink with tons of mango within and zero booze to be found. Way too easy going down.

This after seeing Take This Waltz with my girl. A feast of Toronto for me today.

Life is good.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

sprague11 wrote:duffs - you gotta give me your address if there's any rain left!
If you lived in the neighborhood I would have invited you over for some. It was excellent, but at 19.5%, 750 ml shared between 2 people is enough to do some serious damage.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Weihenstephaner Krystall Weizen, a surprisingly pleasant summer quencher with a light minty hop-dry palate and banana-popsicle finish.

Then there's the Un*earthly - I'm not the biggest fan but this is a hell of a beer and a very good batch. Strong-ass 9.5% ABV.
In Beerum Veritas

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Yesterday afternoon with friends in Georgetown

Hops & Robbers IPA
GL Karma Citra
Weihenstephaner Kristall Weissbier
FW Double Jack
Birrifico Del Ducato La Luna Rossa (Thanks Boney!)
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Cracked a bottled of LTM Porter Baltique from last year, bottle a year ago today.

Still that same deep dark fruit nose, but more pronounced coffee and chocolate flavours I find. A little more bitter bite, too, but I'm assuming it's the roastiness of the malts. Smoky and woody, too.

Carbonation is holding up, but the head disappears quickly.

If I had gotten my act together and smoked some shoulder, this would be perfect with some pulled pork.

Lamb burgers it is!

Happy Canada Day!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Grozet, an ale brewed with gooseberries and spices, part of the Scots Historical Ale pack. Very good, sharp and natural-tasting.

Gary
Gary Gillman

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

had a GLB/Amsterdam farmhouse ale last night, as well as a Punk IPA and a Bellwoods Lost River IPA. Will try Bellwoods Biere de Garde and Witchshark tonight.

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

Shipyard Smashed Blueberry - I go to Maine many a summer and have always been underwhelmed by Shipyard but I am very impressed by this one that I found at the LCBO. Much better than their pumpkin beer to my taste.

Phillips Ginger Beer - Plenty of ginger here, maybe a touch too much. Like it but not for everyday drinking. I appreciate the LCBO bringing this one in though, nice for variety.

Big Rig Gold - Good inoffensive crisp tasting lawn mower beer for hot summer day, or for feeding to Bud-drinking relatives at parties. Happy to drink it when their other varieties are out of stock.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Over the course of the day:

Bellwoods Lost River IPA
New Glarus Raspberry Tart
Great Lakes Bourbon Barrel Aged 25th Anniversary Robust Porter