Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Southern Tier price point

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Tapsucker wrote: 'look the label changed colour so it's time to go f*ck yourself'.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am going to use that line in the near future.

Wittaker: Stay away from that place man. Sounds like you inadvertently entered the Black Lodge. :o

bujubanton

Post by bujubanton »

I bet the little old chinese lady doesn't take any s$%t from TBS staff who try to refuse the ST empties...I would like to watch that confrontation some day...ha ha...

I got a hassle returning my empties as well..although they paid. Tried to explain what good beer it is and how they should stock it...just got an angry look in response.
I guess they are angry I am not buying "the good stuff"...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Which is MOST useful quality to help one get hired at the Beer Store?

Is it:

1) belligerent , chronically pissed-off attitude -- or --

2) colossally dumb-assed ignorance?

It must take a LONG period of dedicated practice to develop EACH of these wonderful qualities to the degree of excellence a number of TBS employees are so proud to show (not all of them mind... I should emphasize LOTS are still nice people who have not crossed to 'the dark side... 8) )

PS -- I continue more than ever to drink LCBO micros and seasonal imports, so I really DO sympathize with how these temperamentally unstable bottle jockeys feel about my blue boxes full of about 80 different empties... but it's entertaining.

Cheers, BS! :D
Last edited by Belgian on Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

The people at my TBS are generally pretty nice. One of the guys chats with me about various different beers, too.

Back to ST IPA, I saw it listed on the LCBO website for a St. Catharines store yesterday, so I ventured out to pick it up last night. Turns out it was on hold for someone else, so I just had them order me a case of my own. Next time I'll know to call first. It would be nice, if what showed up on the website was only what was actually available, but I guess that's not the way their database works.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Tapsucker wrote: My local LCBO suggested saving and bringing in my receipt....
Why? Do TBS not have an obligation to check (www.lcbo.com) what bottles it is their job to accept for refund? Or failing that brilliant strategy, how about an inter-company memo from the LC to the BS listing all recent products? Do TBS and LCBO hate each other so much they never talk?

The onus is NOT on customers to prove a damn thing, THIS is the problem. TBS should know exactly what they are talking about, or else shut the f--- up and hand over your deposit refund.

It's not our job to educate any of these people, & they cannot shift the responsibility to the consumer.
In Beerum Veritas