Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Here we go!!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Zithal

Here we go!!

Post by Zithal »

LCBO website has 20 6 packs showing up in a Mississauga store. It's currently the only store, but others can't be too far behind.

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

Zithal wrote:LCBO website has 20 6 packs showing up in a Mississauga store. It's currently the only store, but others can't be too far behind.
Of what?

(Just kidding - I assume you're referring to the Southern Tier IPA.)

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Nothing at Queen's Quay this afternoon. Guy checked their system and the LCBO's Beerfinder 2000 said nothing's on the shelves in metro T.O. yet.

crawler

Post by crawler »

It was on the shelf at the location by the St. Lawrence Market this afternoon, at the higher price. Cashier had to manually enter in the SKU (which was printed on a sticker label on the 6-pack container).

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Can anyone tell me generally how often stores receive large shipments? I was out today in the hopes that the ST IPA was available somewhere in my area and just wasn't listed (not sure why I though that would be possible), and visited 4 major LCBO locations. There were all buzzing with activity, and they were all seemingly dealing with new large shipments of products. I thought maybe, just maybe the IPA was included, but upon further inspection this did not seem to be the case.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

JesseM wrote:Can anyone tell me generally how often stores receive large shipments? I was out today in the hopes that the ST IPA was available somewhere in my area and just wasn't listed (not sure why I though that would be possible), and visited 4 major LCBO locations. There were all buzzing with activity, and they were all seemingly dealing with new large shipments of products. I thought maybe, just maybe the IPA was included, but upon further inspection this did not seem to be the case.
If you are in Kitchener/Waterloo I'd guess you might not see ST IPA there until early next week. The bigger stores in the GTA should be putting it out for this weekend.

Searching before the LCBO website says a given store has stock isn't a crazy idea. Those numbers are, from what I understand, usually only updated at the end of the day so a store could have 20 cases just arrived and on shelves without the LCBO website getting their inventory update until the end of the day. By tomorrow (certainly by the weekend) expect more than just the Mavis store to be showing inventory on the LCBO website. Regardless, a better strategy than driving all over town from store to store is just to call them first and ask if they have stock of 81737. Their internal store computers should be aware of stock that's just arrived.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Jon Walker wrote:...so a store could have 20 cases just arrived and on shelves without the LCBO website getting their inventory update until the end of the day.
:lol: I'm not sure why I found that so funny. :lol:

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Derek wrote:
Jon Walker wrote:...so a store could have 20 cases just arrived and on shelves without the LCBO website getting their inventory update until the end of the day.
:lol: I'm not sure why I found that so funny. :lol:
That's okay. Some people think the "Red Green Show" was funny.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Picked up a six of ST at my local Toronto LCBO - just stopped on the off chance that it would be there and lo and behold it was. Also picked up a St. Peter's' Golden Ale.

Zithal

Post by Zithal »

Any reviews yet?

fluke17

Post by fluke17 »

In the area, and decided to check out Cooper street on the off chance ST would be available. Was able to get the last 6 from the back, and then spotted another sales person with a random 6 in his cart with the stickers for the pricing. He asked if I knew how much they were and I just smiled and said "$14.10, I believe" and relieved him of the burden of using that particular sticker for the time being. They said the first shipment was very small and are expecting more monday.
STeve

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Zithal wrote:Any reviews yet?
Okay here's my take on it:

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... 6722#36722
In Beerum Veritas

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

What a great day, finished todays job nice and early at 12:30 and headed to my local LCBO for some ST IPA. To my disappointment, there wasnt any on the shelves. But I asked the beer guy, and he said the ST just came off the truck 30 minutes before I arrived, so he got me a couple six packs and I was on my way. Cant wait to drink some tonight while I watch the NHL draft.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

They're in Richmond Hill now, will make a detour on my way home
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Managed to score some at Yonge and Eglington. It's probably the worst stocked store in the city, so the rest of you should be in luck soon. In fact I was totally surprised to bump into it.

It's finally chilled enough to enjoy :P