Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Unibroue News

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Very exciting news comes from Unibroue, who is releasing in Ontario a brand new 8-pack in self-serve Beer Stores to complement the current mix-pack. This new 8-pack, the Ephemere Collection, features 2 bottles of each Ephemere that has been released in Quebec: Apple, Peach, Cranberry and the Original Recipe. The bottles are currently undergoing lab testing and hopefully will be out by Christmas.

Also, the Esplanade Bier Markt will be hosting a Unibroue Tasting Seminar on December 4th, featuring Maudite, Blanche de Chambly, Trois Pistoles and Raftman. Tickets are available at the EBM.

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

Cass,
That's great news! I hope Santa knows I've been a good boy?

Cheers, Doug

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Can someone tell me what this style is like? The description on the Unibroue website really doesn't help.

Thanks.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Hi Andicus,

Try this out:

http://www.ratebeer.com/ShowBeer.asp?BeerID=1934
http://www.ratebeer.com/ShowBeer.asp?BeerID=9869
http://www.ratebeer.com/ShowBeer.asp?BeerID=13558

I have only tried the original version and the cranberry-flavoured. I quite enjoyed them both, and am definitely looking forward to the new 8-pack.

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Hi Cass,

Thanks for the links. They sound like they'll be good. Can't wait to try them!

Andrew

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

One correction to this news, which I am sad to report. This new 8-pack will <b>replace</b> the current one. So get 'em while you can - we'll be losing Eau Benite, 1837 and Don de Dieu.

Lyle

Post by Lyle »

Anyone seen/heard anything about Unibroue "11"?

Also, have you guys tried the new Quelque Chose. I think it is really terrific, but unless my memory is completely warped, I think the recipe is different than it used to be. It seems a lot less rich and sweet, and maybe more similar in body to Liefmans Gluhkriek.
Lyle Ostrow
Premier Gourmet
3465 Delaware Avenue
Kenmore, NY 14217
tel:(716) 877-3574
email: premierbeer@adelphia.net

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Not sure about 11. Heard about it, but not much so far. Perhaps a 11% tripel.

As for the Quelque Chose, I believe they did change the recipe last year. This year's version will be available at certain Toronto bars & restaurants this winter.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Insofar as I can recall from my conversation with a Unibroue rep at this summer's beer fest, the Unibroue 11 will be released in the same manner as the 10 -- i.e.: limited in number, and not available at the SAQ. I would imagine that it should be available soon, as the French version of http://www.unibroue.com indicates that the 10 came out on November 20th of last year.

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

I just spoke with Robin Maloney, Unibroue Rep for Toronto West. He says the Ephemere Collection should be in the self serve Beer Stores by the end of this month. (Fingers crossed)

Cheers, Good Hunting, Doug

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

I've had the "new" Quelque Chose and it is a little different. I found the body lighter, the spicing more prevelant and complexity well, I don't want to say less without having it again, but definitely tuned differently. I've had problems finding it again but I might make one more stab at it before I head back to Toronto.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Josh Oakes on 2003-01-04 04:58 ]</font>