Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Distribution in Ontario?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Distribution in Ontario?

Post by boney »

I'm a little confused about how LCBO stock get distributed in Ontario. Maybe someone here can help educate me a little. Southern Tier has yet to hit my local in Hamilton, despite it's wide availability in other places days ago (and I'm trying my best not to be grumpy about it). On the other hand, Hamilton was one of the first places in Ontario, if not the first place, to get Dead Guy. Is that because shipments being brought from Oregon (Rogue) are closer to Hamilton than the GTA, while the GTA is closer to shipments coming from New York State (ST)? Alternatively, do all shippments go through the central location in TO and if so why the disparity in timing between areas?

Apologies if this has been addressed before in long gone by posts. Just wanted to know and don't have the time at work to sift through pages and pages.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

All General List shipments go the distribution centre in Pickering. From there, they can either go direct to store or to one of 3 regional warehouses from where they are then distributed to stores. Every new release results in differing timeframes for store delivery. Unless you're 98 years old and plan to die in the next few weeks, you'll be OK and you will get some Dead Guy soon...or they can pour it on your coffin.