Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nickelbrook Ice Bock

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Nickelbrook Ice Bock

Post by Bobsy »

I was wondering if this is a new beer, or simply a reappearance of an earlier rendition, as I couldn't find a mention of it on either beer advocate or ratebeer? Its currently on at C'est What, which is where I grabbed one on Monday night. It was a nice, smooth-drinking bock with some raisin sweetness and a good malt profile.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

John told me it was a new beer all together, so go ahead and add it if you have the info.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

SteelbackGuy wrote:John told me it was a new beer all together, so go ahead and add it if you have the info.
Cool! Thanks for the speedy reply! Its a very solid brew and I'd recommend it. I'm really liking the diversity of styles that nickelbrook have been putting out, and I think they deserve a lot of credit for this.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

I have three bottles of their Special Edition Cuvee 07' Strong Spiced Ale that I am cellaring to see how they'll be in a couple of years. I also like what Nickel Brook and brewer Tim Blakeley have done with their seasonals and I look forward to trying this Ice Bock.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Anyone seen this around town in Toronto recently? Elsewhere?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

The Ice Bock is listed at C'est What.
lister

Cask

Post by Cask »

It's on at Volo too, and yup, it's pretty much as Bobsy describes it.