Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dogfish Head 60

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

FWIW, those are not cases, but 6 packs.

Peter, that's comforting (723 cases). I was concerned, when so many stores were showing stock of 2 cases, that this was really in short supply. I don't expect they'll have trouble ordering this in.

Although, I thought she had mentioned that they get their stuff from London. Could that be a problem?

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Grabbed One of two 6-packs left in Aurora at the LCBO on Bayview North of Wellington - Still one left for somebody willing to make the drive.

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

I received my 2 cases today! Happy days! :D

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

I just moved on to a DFH 60 after a ST Unearthly IIPA. The wonderful thing is how present the DFH malt backbone is after the hop assault of the ST. It's a well made beer with lots of character and I'm still glad we now have both the ST and the DFH IPA's available regularly.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

FYI, the LCBO has just ordered 1200 more cases of DFH to be shipped mid-October based upon pretty brisk sales. As of Monday Sept. 22 there were 429 cases in retail stores and another 254 cases in various warehouses so there is no reason any store cannot get this product. Please do note that the website numbers are for 6 packs. I'd love to hear about any store that refuses to bring in a case for any consumer.

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

I'll just add that my store brought in my 2 cases, and an additional 2 cases for the store!

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Any chance we will see other dogfish head products either at the LCBO or via consignment in the near future?

bujubanton

Post by bujubanton »

any chance of the Brutal Bitter returning? That is also an excellent beer.

I think hoppy beers are sometimes like spicy food...once you have good vindaloo...you need your hops...nothing less will do.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

buju, Rogue's Brutal Bitter has been picked for Spring 2009 along with and for the first time, their Kells Irish Style Lager...according to Rogue's wesbsite, this brew was specifically developed for floating Guinesss.
http://rogue.com/beers/kells-irish-lager.php

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

esprit wrote:buju, Rogue's Brutal Bitter has been picked for Spring 2009 along with and for the first time, their Kells Irish Style Lager...according to Rogue's wesbsite, this brew was specifically developed for floating Guinesss.
http://rogue.com/beers/kells-irish-lager.php
Awesome. I think the Brutal Bitter is one hell of a brew. Great for a hop fix, but its got the quality malts to back it up!

bujubanton

Post by bujubanton »

at the risk of my praising Esprit and nobody getting mad at fellow posters..good to hear there will be a return of the Brutal Bitter....look forward to it.
Now to quote Rodney King...can't we all get along....

devonsleigh

Post by devonsleigh »

great to here about the brutal bitter, now I can drink the one bottle I have left!

Will the brutal bitter be a general listing or a seasonal again?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Seasonal.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

As for more Dogfish beers, we're looking at it but they can sell every drop in the U.S. right now and Canadian sales with their labelling and packaging requirements do not thrill them.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I love Rogue Dead Guy Ale, but the Brutal is like DGA on steroids after a visit to the West Coast... one of the finest all-round beers I could enjoy any day.
In Beerum Veritas