Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dogfish Head 60

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

emjay

Dogfish Head 60

Post by emjay »

I thought the DFH was supposed to have hit the shelves by now. Was I wrong or is there something holding it up?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

It was estimated that DFH 60 would arrive in July, but that was dependent on DFH having enough stock to supply what the LCBO requires. They apparently were/are in the midst of renovations to increase capacity, but had to lower capacity while the work was/is being done.

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

It was all just a dream.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Before the usual "but I want it NOW" suspects chime in...I'm sure it will turn up in the next month. Thankfully we have the ST IPA to slake our hop thirst until it does.

Since DFH are more acquainted with the LCBO's voluminous rule book I'm hoping the first shipment isn't held up by any errors in labelling or other bureaucratic red tape.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

There should at least be more of it to go around this time, and people like Jon won't get bitched at for buying a case (or ten.)

Looking forward too it though. Yee haw.
In Beerum Veritas

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Jon Walker wrote:I'm hoping the first shipment isn't held up by any errors in labelling or other bureaucratic red tape.
Don't you mean little cream coloured tape with green writing on it?

bujubanton

Post by bujubanton »

In terms of wanting our beer "now"...once again it was the LCBO that promised the beer in July...the LCBO must operate on Island time...

I heard that it went through quality control though...and they sent it back...said it tasted too good to be sold in Ontario!

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

bujubanton wrote:In terms of wanting our beer "now"...once again it was the LCBO that promised the beer in July...the LCBO must operate on Island time...
You know, you might want to restrict your complaints about the LCBO to issues where they are at fault.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

I talked to a very helpful LCBO employee at Copper St. this morning about DFH 60. He checked the system and told me that it now has a shipping/arrival date of August 7th, with it likely hitting the shelves about a week after that. He didn't know if it was a quality control thing or problems at the brewery that held it up.

bujubanton

Post by bujubanton »

Can you explain to me how you know this is not the LCBO's fault?

It was the LCBO that wrote July in its booklet..now it looks like August at the earliest....did someone force the LCBO to print July instead of August?

Is it that breweries are always conspiring to make the LCBO look bad?

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

bujubanton wrote:Can you explain to me how you know this is not the LCBO's fault?
Did you bother to look a few posts up from yours to read what GregClow wrote on the 15th? If not, read it now; I don't see why I ought spoon-feed a reason to you if you can't be bothered to pay attention. Hell, it's only a single-paged thread!
....did someone force the LCBO to print July instead of August?
Awww...did the date get pushed back? Did it make you cry? Poor baby.... Grow up & stop looking for new ways to tar & feather the LCBO. Delays occur. Life goes on. When you whine about something this inane, you diminish the integrity of any legitimate complaint you might have about the LCBO & the way alcohol is sold in this province.

crawler

Post by crawler »

posts by bujubanton = waste of space

bujubanton

Post by bujubanton »

Well here I am going to waste some more space...
Sometimes I think I stumbled on to the LCBO fan club forum.
I did read the post that suggests Dogfish doesn't have enough supply to meet some LCBO minimum.
Interesting how that supposed explanation appeses you...
How is it that Dogfish can supply its product across the U.S. without problems, yet when it comes to Ontario there are problems. Is it that only the LCBO knows what's best and the state regulators in the U.S. are at fault for letting Dogfish be sold widely, without all sorts of bureaucratic red tape?

Bottom line...this sounds like another LCBO fishy excuse..similar to the ST twist offs that jacked up the price 20%
Why isn't the LCBO being a little more pro-active in getting this product on the shelf...the same month that it promises...it's not like this is an isolated incident.

Feel free to respond to my points. If you just want to petulantly attack me...then go ahead...my skin is not as thin as the LCBO fan club members

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Ususally I could care less about most comments and opinions, I find most arguments quite comical.

I am curious to know, buju, how you are so certain that "Dogfish can supply its product across the U.S. without problems".

Says who? Maybe there's a Bar Towel, Delaware Chapter, where people can't figure out how Dofish can be shipped to Canada without a problem yet they can't get it in their own state.

Just sayin' is all. I'm now opening my last Magic Hat #9. :cry:
Cheers,
J

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Yeah, the LCBO advertised a July release. Big deal. Delays are part of any and every buisiness. How often has Microsoft advertised a release date only to push it back? That's just what happens sometimes. It sucks, but the LCBO didn't invent delays.

There are real problems with the LCBO that need fixing. However, if the delay is really originating with Dogfish Head and if there is a good reason for the delay, this is not a real problem with the LCBO. If we bitch and moan about EVERYTHING the LCBO does, real or imagined, it lessens the impact of voicing real greivances, our voices will be ignored and nothing will ever change.