Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dogfish Head 60

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

bujubanton wrote:
and what will be explanation if it is not in the stores as of Aug. 28th?

have a nice day!
Oh yes, pull out the Crystal Ball, Peter. Tell us the mystery of what arcane LCBO Canon DFH may have perturbed on this import.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

The entire H.O. staff of the LCBO Beer Category was at my booth at the beerfest yesterday and the inventory manager confirmed that DFH had arrived in the warehouse that morning as we had originally posted it would. The process now is the product has to first pass lab testing and label approval and that can take 2-3 weeks. After that, it has to be distributed to the regional warehouses from where it is shipped to the stores. Beyond that, I can't tell you anything and I have no control over the process so there will be no explanations. The next time you'll hear from me is when I start to see it in stores so there will be no further "updates" either. It's here...it's coming...thanks for your patience.

bujubanton

Post by bujubanton »

in related news...Immigration Canada takes only a few days to approve convicted criminals for entry into canada..
not nearly as dangerous as foreign beer.

bujubanton

Post by bujubanton »

we are coming up to the end of the three week LCBO quarantine of DFH...so is it going to be in the stores this week?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

bujubanton wrote:we are coming up to the end of the three week LCBO quarantine of DFH...so is it going to be in the stores this week?

It is in warehouses and is still on bond.....maybe another week or so is my guess.

But really....it is only beer. I know we all love beer here, and are excited that this is going to be available but really.........it is in the warehouse, it is going to be for sale soon.....I suggest not losing any sleep over it and whyen it comes out, go buy it up.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

I would have hoped it would be in distribution by now and I'm puzzled as it seems to have disappeared from the LCBO website. I've made inquiries and I'll keep you informed.

bujubanton

Post by bujubanton »

are they keeping it cool and fresh in the warehouse?

you're right..it is only beer.
so can someone explain why it has to stay in the warehouse for such an extended period of time? it's not like it's tainted lunch meat..

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

It needs to be lab tested and that can take 2-3 weeks as there are hundreds of products in the queue. I received an e-mail from the LCBO today confirming it should be released next week and start making it's way to the regional warehouse and then the stores so we're looking at another couple of weeks...be patient little grasshopper.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Unbelievable.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

I can't wait to hear what the LCBO has to say in two weeks from now when ww are all asking the same questions again.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Apparently the LCBO "lab testing" is still underway. When the "scientists" wake up they'll authorize the beer for release.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

The past few months the LCBO have become very regimental and sticking to their letter of the law in their lab tests time schedule. It's not just this batch of DFH60 that is being delayed.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

I think, perhaps, that this delay happens for most products, it just seems magnified in this case because this is a beer (as well as the ST IPA) that people are keeping a close eye on and are quite anxious to purchase. I'm sure the same delays happen(ed) on most of the beers in the "Ethnic" release, or even further back than that, but because no one really cared, no one noticed.
Delays seem to be the order of the day at the LCBO, they just become frustrating in cases like this where the products are more highly anticipated. This certainly isn't to say whether or not the delays are warranted, but simply that it's not just "our" beer that gets delayed...

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Well, there's really only one person on this board who is moaning and he hasn't stopped since signing up. And now has the honour of having a thread closed.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Torontoblue wrote:Well, there's really only one person on this board who is moaning and he hasn't stopped since signing up. And now has the honour of having a thread closed.
Quite true.