Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dogfish Head 60

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sphilp

Post by sphilp »

sweet in stock at my store. I know what I'm drinking tonight!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

i bought a case last night in cambridge, the hops have faded a bit but its still a damn fine IPA, the ST is better right now only because of freshness. tonight im going to do a side by side of the ST, the DFH and Grand Rivers Plowmans.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Heads up for Toronto folks...its now at summerhill. I had a sixer at the checkout and then realised that I had left my wallet at the office. The irony... you wait for a long time and the f*ck it up for yourself. Enjoy, folks!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

What a great American IPA! After being a little disappointed by the Southern Tier I only picked up a sixer of the Dogfish. Now I'm disappointed that I only picked up the sixer. I could drink a lot of these really fast. Found it at my local tonight with Adnams Broadside. Happy Day!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

*sigh* I'm going to have to resign myself to the fact that I just don't like American IPAs, I'm not a hop head (or at least not an American hop head). The whole "continually hoppy" thing just doesn't work for me. I'm waiting for the beer and all I get is sappy pine. Of the three recent American additions, the Dead Guy is the one for me. Good job getting this in though esprit, for the folks that do enjoy them.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Is this beer still bottle-conditioned? I picked some up, but it looks well filtered. Just letting it cool down...

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Bobsy wrote:Is this beer still bottle-conditioned? I picked some up, but it looks well filtered. Just letting it cool down...
Pretty sure it's no longer bottle-conditioned. Not 100% positive, but I do know that it used to say "The continually hopped bottle conditioned India Pale Ale" on the label, but now the "bottle conditioned" part has been removed.

Cagiva650

Post by Cagiva650 »

I bought a six of these today at the LCBO in Waterloo closest to St Jacobs maket ( I have no idea of the real address ). I like it a lot. Going to pick up six of the ST tomorrow to compare. I'm turning into a hophead.

sphilp

Post by sphilp »

its quite a bit more mellow than the ST. it's one of the weaker tasting ipa's i've had, but thats fine with me, i could drink these all night.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

I just cleaned out the few cases they has as floor stock at Summerhill BUT they said they had more that were yet to be shelved. Apparently it's moving very quickly which should come as no surprise to anyone...except the troll who thinks it's all gone horribly off since it was delayed by a few weeks. Tastes just fine to me, though still less impressive that the ST IPA.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Queef

Post by Queef »

sphilp wrote:its quite a bit more mellow than the ST. it's one of the weaker tasting ipa's i've had, but thats fine with me, i could drink these all night.
thats called perfectly balanced, which it is.
it's beer o'clock.

jmcnally

Post by jmcnally »

Just bought two sixes at the Yonge Eglinton Centre LCBO. They had about another eight sixes on display but no idea how much more (if any) in stock.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Bought two sixers at Front and Jarvis and carried them home.

Although I'm an environmentalist, this paper bag thing (or no bags for a sixer) is not a good development. I would have preferred corn-based plastic, because frankly carrying two sixers (and a paper bag with a couple of singles) a kilometre is really lame.

But I'm glad the 'Fish is finally here, I'll let you know if it tastes the same as always.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

shintriad wrote:Although I'm an environmentalist, this paper bag thing (or no bags for a sixer) is not a good development. I would have preferred corn-based plastic, because frankly carrying two sixers (and a paper bag with a couple of singles) a kilometre is really lame.
That's why they have canvas bags Mike! :wink:

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

biegaman wrote:
shintriad wrote:Although I'm an environmentalist, this paper bag thing (or no bags for a sixer) is not a good development. I would have preferred corn-based plastic, because frankly carrying two sixers (and a paper bag with a couple of singles) a kilometre is really lame.
That's why they have canvas bags Mike! :wink:
It's true. If there wasn't a crazy lineup I probably would've gone back and gotten one.

I was looking at the receipt and they charged me twice for a Brussels White! I hate to be the curmudgeon but the LC keeps screwing me.