Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Winter Warmers 2008 Release

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but the Koningshoeven Quad is now listed on the LCBO's website. No Stock in stores yet, but could this mean it might be hitting shelves soon?

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

robinvboyer wrote:Not sure if anyone has noticed, but the Koningshoeven Quad is now listed on the LCBO's website. No Stock in stores yet, but could this mean it might be hitting shelves soon?
i'm going to go out on a limb and assume it came over at the same time as the tripel, and they're just holding it back for a bit...

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

That is a safe bet. I anxiously await this quad. And in the meantime I will continue to get ripped off Aventinus.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:That is a safe bet. I anxiously await this quad. And in the meantime I will continue to get ripped off Aventinus.
this is one of my favourite pass-times, but my local store just delisted it :o

now i have to buy it by the case

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

The Great Lakes is now out (at least at Summerhill).

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The Brookyn Chocolate is featured in the winter issue of Food & Drink. Better snap up some quickly, as the feature beers usually sell fast.

Can't believe how cheap they're pricing this one! Looking forward to it for sure.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

I noticed that the Food and Drink said something like "arriving at the LCBO December 10th" for the Brooklyn Chocolate Stout. Not to dump on the LCBO for no reason, but the last few times they've put dates on any of the beer arivals they didn't arive on time, incurring the wrath of beer geeks. Honestly, I'd be just as happy if it arrived Jan or Feb 10th, but the LCBO aparantly seems to like abuse by promising arvial dates in print.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Picked up a few of the Great Lakes Winter Ale, and it's pretty tasty. Is this a beer I'll be able to let sit for a year or more and still have it be drinkable?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

nickelass wrote:Picked up a few of the Great Lakes Winter Ale, and it's pretty tasty. Is this a beer I'll be able to let sit for a year or more and still have it be drinkable?
I think it could be a good candidate. This is what JB from the brewery said in another post:
Hey everyone,

We squirreled away about 20 cases of Winter Ale from last year's run and it's aged very nicely. A bit more rich malty, slightly fruitcakey character dare I say. This is the same version that won Gold at this year's Canadian Brewing Awards.

2007 bottles are available only from our retail store by special request for $6.95 each.

Expect to see this year's edition appearing on LCBO shelves in the next week or so...

Cheers,

John

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

boney wrote:Not to dump on the LCBO for no reason, but the last few times they've put dates on any of the beer arivals they didn't arrive on time, incurring the wrath of beer geeks.
I can't walk PAST an LCBO anymore without checking for the early / late / for sure-gonna-sell-out-in-one-day releases.

THEY did this to me!!
In Beerum Veritas

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Does anyone have any word of the Fullers Vintage 2008? I know it is early for this release, but the Vintage always seems to hit around this time of year.

I am anxious to stockpile - and I am looking forward to a nice 5 year vertical 2004-2008.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

tupalev wrote:Does anyone have any word of the Fullers Vintage 2008? I know it is early for this release, but the Vintage always seems to hit around this time of year.

I am anxious to stockpile - and I am looking forward to a nice 5 year vertical 2004-2008.
they have 13 of them in Lindsay as of this morning :-?

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

That stock has been showing online for quite some time - my guess is returned / leftover / recently found 07 stock maybe?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

tupalev wrote:That stock has been showing online for quite some time - my guess is returned / leftover / recently found 07 stock maybe?
2 bottles showed up in an ottawa store today??

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

the same sort of thing is happening with the aventinus eisbock: 17 in Orillia, 17 in Alliston. Is this some sort of soft release?? I want some Eisbock!!